Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-12
07:06:49
 C16/Plus4 Classics High Score Hall of Fame

As we know many of the old school classics were great fun to play, many still are but in most cases after you switch off your scores were lost forever...

If you still enjoy the classics then how about keeping a record of your best scores for all to see so you have a means of seeing how you did the last time you played. This in it's self adds replay value and can also be an incentive to return back to it at a later date to have a go at beating your own personal best or take up the challenge of some one that may of scored more which in turn allows you to get even more out of the game.

To make this work and to be fair for everyone you would not be allowed to use any cheats of any kind. Even slowing down an emulator would be classed as cheating if it's being used to obtain high scores. Emulators are welcome as much as using the real machines but remember keep is as close to the real thing as possible just how the original games would of been played on a real Commodore 264 machine.

More games as we go can be added and any requests you have in mind then cool. Just make sure they are fully playable in that high score type of way which do not allow you to sit in one spot racking up millions doing nothing as that defeats the object! As an example Death Race 16 can be played forever if you know how making this one a little pointless in that respect. All games have to play properly and ones where you potentially will die or see a game over screen in the end no matter how hard your trying or put in to it. happy

If you add a high score I will update this first post with your name and score so this will become the main record for all to see.

End of the day it's just a bit of fun and should not be taken seriously. Above all else have fun. happy

If you would like to add shots, grabs or photos of your high scores and need some where to host a picture then http://tinypic.com/ is quick and easy.

C16/Plus4 Classics High Score Hall of Fame:

Arena 3000
Gaia.............................TBA
Tom Thumb..................0
Bongo..........................0

Arthur Noid
Ghost Town..................0

Bandits At Zero

BMX Racers

Formula 1 Simulator

Galaxions

Gunlaw

Ikari Warriors
MIK..............................165200

Legionnaire
MIK..............................26910

Liberator
MIK..............................180780

Manic Miner
MIK..............................5350

Moon Buggy
MIK.............................56775
Sixteen Plus..................39050

Myriad

Pacmania

Skramble
Sixteen Plus...................70490
MIK..............................32020

Skyhawk

Space Pilot
MIK..............................38550

Timeslip
Sixteen Plus..................281850

Who Dares Wins II

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-12
07:06:20
 Re: C16/Plus4 Classics High Score Hall of Fame

Ikari Warriors. I was on my last life, standing in front of Cook at the end before the 100k was added on. Score can be beat! Piccy: http://i49.tinypic.com/k1dzl0.jpg

My Ikari Warriors final score, piccy: http://i48.tinypic.com/2mwti5f.jpg

Legionnaire shot: http://i45.tinypic.com/358wggl.jpg

Invasion 2000 AD has been removed due to fatal bug in the original code. I would love to say I scored this much and it's hard getting past 10k let alone this: http://i45.tinypic.com/syovpl.jpg...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-07-10
16:23:38

Me wants Arena 3000 happy The game ends only as the sun burns out... so easy, I could even score a lot! happy (just kidding)

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-10
19:12:26

Arena 3000 added. No rush at all Gaia. If you get a spare moment from now until forever then cool. happy

Shame about Invasion 2000AD. I put an hour into it trying to get over 10K tonight and then the mother ship bugged out and I was hitting it for ages. Was a neat game, good sound, fun to play for 10mins as space invader clones go but sadly it's broken.

EDIT:

piccy: Liberator Highscore
I was on the blue battleship, just after the orange one. 5th one I think. Not easy on the trigger finger this but an excellent game!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-07-10
20:40:59

We have a hi-score area too.

2 on your list already.
Moon Buggy - 39050
Skramble - 70490

Another game worth adding happy
Timeslip - 281850

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-07-11
02:18:27

Cheers, MIK! Slightly offtopic, but have any of you guys seen "The king of Kong" movie? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/) The original Dnkey Kong was bugged, so not only you had to be skilled like hell, there was a big pinch of luck required as well. In case you haven't seen it yet, go get it quick as it's a great fun to watch.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-11
06:39:48

Sixteen Plus, nice one bud. happy

I was thinking I could just add them to my personal profile page for my own use, but thought maybe some others would like to have a blast from the past. There was a time when I was going to do Winter Events and Summer Events many, many years ago just I was waiting for PC emulation to catch up and as time past by it never happened.
To be honest I missed out when you guys were busy playing yours just because I was busy with other things so sorry for that.
It's only here if you get a spare moment and fancy a blast from the past. I mean if it wasn't for you I may not of loaded up Ikari Warriors to try and beat it once again. I am already fearing your Skramble high score after watching your replay as I have never finished the game! There is no hiding from that fact, the tape is sat in my box waiting for me to load it but I will not make it past the final stage lol. happy

Timeslip added. Another I never finished. Awesome game again!

Gaia,

Wow The King of Kong totally skipped my mind, I remember reading something about it. I will have to look out for it! Another for high scores... never been released on DVD in the UK is The Last Starfighter, it's getting on a bit now days but fun to watch. Real shame no one has signed it up for UK release.

Posted By

Hans
on 2012-07-11
07:02:33

Hi MIK,

A stupid question to you, since you're a games & emulator expert: I can't seem to get "Summer Events" or "Winter Events" (I mean the Kingsoft / Udo Gertz games) running in any emulator.

Have you ever tried to do those games in an emu, and what type of joystick have you been using?

Help! Hhheeeellllpppp!

Hans.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-11
11:56:21

Hi Hans,

If I'm not using the real machines I use YAPE.

I'm sure your doing nothing major wrong as you have an excellent history of using floppy drives, just I think you need to unzip things to work and I'm sure your be running in no time. Just in case... I'll go back over a couple of things and hope that gets you going.

Winter Events
With Yape using the D64 file you downloaded. Use the File menu and go down to Attach Disk Image. Yape does not read ZIP files, you must unpack your download so you have the raw winterevents.d64 file.
DLOAD"WINTEREVENTS"
At the ready prompt type: RUN
Joyport 2.

Summer Events
As above, unzip file. Attach Disk Image.
DLOAD"SUMMER EVENTS 16"
At the ready prompt type: RUN
Joyport 2.

Once a .d64 image has been added of course you can press F3 to list the directory so you can see the file names just like you would on a real machine.

Even easier...
Don't forget both games come in TAPE form, as in the .tap file extension.
Again unzip downloads.
On YAPE menus go over to TAPE and Attach TAPE, add the file.
type: LOAD
press F5 which is PLAY or do it from the tape menus.

Both the tape images are the real thing, taken from my tapes in fact and there is no harm using tap images at all. Just a little longer loading, but worth the wait! happy

I use many joysticks, Competition Pro, Zip Stick, Speed King ect... I use a Tecnoplus Swift on my PC with a 9 PIN Retro Adapter mostly, or I grab a stick sometimes.
Both Winter and Summer Events play better with loose sticks as some of the events are all about timing. A bit of play in the stick can help with the timing I find and I even sway left to right as I play to get that perfect rhythm. The old classic Cheetah joysticks are really nice with these games.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-07-11
20:29:36

Heyo MIK.
You should post some of your scores in our hi-score challenge. This way it won't fall off the list. Just make a new topic if the game isn't there already.

Anyway, you dread my Skramble score like I dread your Ikari score, I swear I'll never beat the game without cheats. Shame it doesn't have diagonal fire like the enemies do (bit of an unfair advantage for them) then I might stand a better chance.

I just uploaded a Mr Puniverse longplay. Shame that game doesn't have a score. Maybe the time completed could be used instead, but only entries could be submitted if the game is completed.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-12
06:17:57

Space Pilot has been added.
Quick blast last night, hard game! Piccy: http://i49.tinypic.com/1e3rsk.jpg

Moon Buggy score: http://i46.tinypic.com/21jc6bp.jpg

Skramble score: http://i50.tinypic.com/icqutu.jpg

Sixteen Plus,
The only thing stopping you on Ikari Warriors are the tanks and seeing as they only fire straight down or diagonally that means you can stand in a blind spot all day long just off to the left or right without ever being killed. The ones that move across the screen your have to time it so you get a grenade in and then move towards this blind spot soon after. It's just timing. Just remember blind spot when you face the tanks as you play, aim for that and I'm sure your do it soon enough. happy

Mr Puniverse, great game in it's own right just I was felt let down because it was all open unlike the first game. Indeed no score, a real shame. It was great value for money, still is and a cracking game just I wish it really was a proper Big Mac II. Big Mac was one of the coolest games I ever bought from a news paper shop. happy

I'll have another nose at your hi-score challenge stuff. Cheers!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-07-12
06:33:31

I'll keep the Ikari tips in mind.

I always used to prefer Mr Puniverse to Big Mac. Maybe because I prefered the exploration back then. These days I lean more towards Big Mac. You have proper scores. You only need to think about one screen at a time without worrying about mapping. The graphics are slightly more colourful. Better title screen and in my opinion more challenging gameplay (with more switches). Most of the rooms in Mr Puniverse are a doddle, only a few needs thinking about more. Half the time in Mr P, you're just walking with little to do forced to retrace steps on rooms you've already done to try get somewhere else, particularly the bottom half of the map.

Anyway, whlile you're looking at the other hi-score challenge, you may as well post your Moon Buggy Hi-Score. Beats mine happy

Posted By

Torque222
on 2018-10-02
14:07:27

Torque222
2048 score 20504

Thanks for a great game

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-10-03
06:16:50

Torque222 good to know, gonna enter it for you, but what about the ancient habit of taking a screenshot of the score? wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024