Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

paul3877
on 2012-08-01
09:51:26
 Trying to remember a game........

Afternoon all, I used to own a Commodore Plus/4 when I was a kid, I had many games for it but there is one in particular I am trying to remember. All I can remeber from it was at the end of the game/level you was awared what I think were gold coins stacked in piles, or something lilke that, think it was on a dark/black background. Does anyone know what game that was?

Kind regards,

Paul.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-01
11:48:29
 Re: Trying to remember a game........

Hi Paul... Well, that's a pretty good challenge happy Nothing comes to mind from that short description, but I'll keep thinking about it (and some of the more serious gamers might chime in anyway). Do you remember anything else about it in general?

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2012-08-01
12:19:07

Number Builder? I'm sure the coins fall in to a pile at the end of each level.

Posted By

paul3877
on 2012-08-01
12:19:22

Lol, unfortunately I can't remember anything else, but its been bugging me.... maybe hypnosis will unlock the answer... happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-01
12:26:36

Even I'm stuck on what it might be. Treasure Island comes to mind but even then you have to run to the ship afterwards.

A good number of games have coins or gold in them, even the mighty Tom Thumb... All I can think of now is to check all the game covers on the link above to see if any artwork reminds you of the game. As Csabo said, if you can think of anything else I'm sure we will get a bit close and maybe we will be kicking our selfs when we find it. happy

EDIT:
Stuart, well remembered about Number Builder! You don't think of that as a game, more educational but 10/10 for that answer!

Posted By

Patrick
on 2012-08-01
13:51:33

is it not one of the gambling games?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-01
13:57:58

I ran though the old commercial games. It's surprising how few deal with "gold" or "coins" (e.g. Icicle Works is about presents, Mr Puniverse collects vitamins, Robo Knight has shields). Some more wild guesses:

Finders Keepers deals with coins.
Monty On The Run has coins.
Ghost Town has a big chest (of coins maybe?) at the end of the game.

Is it any of those? Also, are you 100% sure it's a Plus/4 game? Sometimes people confuse the C64 and the Plus/4.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-08-01
14:20:27

I might be way off, but how about Video Poker?

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-08-01
14:28:43

Well, I'm stumped.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-01
14:35:15

Stuart's guess is still best bet though, for easy identification, I added a little image gallery here: Number Builder image gallery

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-01
18:26:20

I'm stuck for idea's and think Number Builder is the best shot yet.

Some more crazy ideas...

Cops N' Robbers for getting stuff back to the car, points and bullets only...
Fingers Malone pays out with money.
Heebie Jeebies has a chest you move about.
Las Vegas pays to play. happy
Prospector Pete you collect cash bags as you play

Squirm Nothing to do with coins, just allows you to do something after completing a screen as in fill it up. wink

Strip Poker - you started early as a kid playing this if it was!
Tower Of Evil has a chest at the end.
Xcelllor8 deals with money

Psychedelia Maybe it was something else you saw after looking at the lights? wink

Posted By

Lavina
on 2012-08-02
03:31:17

OMG! OMG! Cops N' Robbers!! LOL! How much did I like that game. At first glance it was pointless then I started to explore the functioning of the scene. It was a magic game for me, I think I'll play it now! grin

There are so many magic moment connected to these old days, games and demos, it's sweet childhood, after all. I still have some feelings in my mind that I have not forgot, connected to some software, unique, and it's an important piece of my mind. I'm sure that everyone has such who owned and used a plussy for several years. Just like the topic starter here. Sometimes we forget but it comes back.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-02
04:58:08

Cool. happy

I have a soft spot for Cops N' Robbers as well. Very nice little game where you could explore and every screen would be different. Good fun trying to get your swag back to the car. Never finished it though. The more you collect the more crazy the police become. This game offered a lot for it's price yet I gave it 5/10... Maybe a 6 would be better knowing there are more fans of it out there. grin

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2012-08-02
10:56:41

I hope paul3877 comes back and updates us - I'm intrigued as to what it is if it is not Number Builder!

Posted By

paul3877
on 2012-08-03
06:40:50

Thank you all for trying to help on this, Stuart Wilson got it right, it was definitely Number Builder, as soon as I saw the name I knew it was that, then when I saw the picture on the link that was added, it was confirmed.....thanks very much, thats been bugging me for years.....

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-03
08:18:03

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-08-03
09:01:20

Being a C16 owner, it's why I never got it. I played it once around a friends house who owned a plussy back then. Never really played it since.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-03
11:01:40

I think educational games were ignored generally anyway. Though Number Builder and Number Chaser are actually both very well written.

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2012-08-03
17:05:03

Completely agree with you Csabo.

Because of this topic, I got my 7 year old son to have a go at playing both Number Builder and Number Chaser on a real Plus 4. He absolutely loved it! Entertaining, and educational at the same time! Not bad for someone who is used to playing games on the PS3! happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-04
02:11:58

I was 14 or 15 years old when these shipped with the Plus/4, played them once or twice and never loaded them back up until the very late 90's. I still ignore them now and for the wrong reasons. happy

You went to school to learn and came home to play, the fun never lasted long with these when I could fly a Spaceship, be a Pirate, invade a scorpions nest and even collect presents for Santa. happy

They are good games really, just I had played Moon Patrol on a Spectrum by then, Magic Carpet on a C64 and even Bewitched (needs porting to C16/Plus4!!) on Vic20. I had a lot of catching up to do of my own now having my 1st computer! Bring on the games!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024