Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2022-01-26
01:40:37
 Mark Sibly & Howlin Mad found?

While browsing the LemonAmiga colleagues, I came across this interview from 2016:

https://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13333&p=124244&hilit=sibly#p124244

When asked there, the question promptly came up as to whether it was about Leapin Louie, which he probably wrote for Commodore New Zealand in 1985 and which was then published by Audiogenic. So it's likely that our Mark Sibly in the Amiga interview is the same.

I have now received an email address from him and have written to him myself, but there is still no answer. Has anyone else tried to find or contact him?

Incidentally, his trail leads to Auckland in New Zealand.

And while studying the code of Leapin Louie I noticed that the other program from Commodore New Zealand (Tomb of Tarrabash) is similarly chaotically wild in memory and also from 1985, possibly also from Mark?

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-23
12:15:34
 Re: Mark Sibly found?

Cool and interesting games. A shame Audiogenic used nasty grease proof like paper for the cassette lables and used glue that didn't really stick. wink
Surprised his games were not picked up by Melbourne House who were next door in Australia.

Off topic:
I spotted Howlin Mad a few weeks ago, the A-team guy behind some of the Players games like Auto Zone and Bubble Trouble. He left a note on some 100 C16/Plus4 games video on YouTube around 4 years ago stating he was the creator of some of them.

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2022-01-23
07:25:12

I asked myself the same question, but why am I not surprised that Audiogenic used the same fastloader as Melbourne House later?

Oh yes, and for OT: please a link to the video about Howlin Mad, thanks.

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-23
12:19:57

OT: Sorry if you went looking for it, I could not remember the device I watched it on. It was 60 games, not 100.

Look for a post by a Sunset Rider, the 2nd reply to this post is Howlin Mad aka earthacademy.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTzLkV36s7Y

Here is Howlin Mad's Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/c/earthacademy

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2022-01-23
15:13:11

MIK Yes it is very interesting, have you contacted him? Not only had he released some titles on the C-16 and C-64, but also on the Atari 800 XL and also one on the VIC-20 (Wunda Walter). Maybe he still has titles that weren't even published.

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-24
03:21:57

No, 4 years too late to leave a reply and he may not want to be contacted. I mean, this site in one form or another has been on the web since the dawn of time...

Edit:
I see another comment from Howlin Mad from 8 years ago..., he said he moved to Japan and works as a Software/Sound/FX dev. He listed RPG Maker as game he worked on which I believe might be a Nintendo 3DS title.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2022-01-24
08:25:07

It would be nice to hear from him

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2022-01-26
01:39:50
 Re: Mark Sibly & HowlinMAD found?

Good news, I got a reply from Howlin MAD, he is open to an interview for our site too. He also had an interview with FREEZE64, have fun with it.

http://intelligentsia-music.com/interviews/FREEZE64_interview_original_draft.pdf

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-01-26
02:12:28
 Re: Mark Sibly & Howlin Mad found?

Great achievement @Rüdiger, and nice interview with FREEZE64, hope to read a C16 oriented new interview soon.

Oh, and actually this is the Auriga's theme remix he refers in the interview!

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-26
17:20:47

Nice one Rudiger! happy
Might be an idea to change the topic name.

That's two guys from Players now, Darron Broad the other. happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-01-26
14:24:20

@MIK I got in contact with Darron Broad for several years in a discontinuous approach, he was extremely taken in recompiling Taskforce but don't remember if he had some projects about it. I had the idea about a redux version of Tomcat and many many years passed due several reasons, part mine part from him. In the end, he decided to release what we had, with the re-used tune I gave him to test the new code and the few additional levels I did: Tomcat +4 World Special Edition 2010. From his FTP site, I've saved several stuff, included a weird game preview.

I would be rather happy to talk to him again, btw.

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-26
17:15:42

This will sound crazy... It's almost 20 years ago when I met up with Darron Broad and he gave me that Mercenary map and Badge (which I still have). Where did the years go!?!?!?

Love Taskforce and hope some day he goes back to it. On C64 maybe Jeroen Tel has something to do with it with his tunes but there are a lot of fans of Cybernoid & Cybernoid II..., personally I think our Taskforce is a better game for game play. happy
Love Jeroen Tel's music tho.

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2022-01-31
05:31:48

MIK Please consider Darron Broad was pretty much at the end of the Players era and the C16 in general. I also got the hint that we can find Andrew Challis, but I haven't found a way to contact him yet. See also here: https://www.linkedin.com

And with Taskforce I keep thinking, we don't even have a full crack yet. Both Obelix cracks contain only the first 3 levels, but there are 4 levels on the tape. Who does the work?

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-31
18:06:41

Indeed Taskforce was one of the last commercial games in the UK for C16/Plus4. When I bought mine for C16/Plus4 I already had a C64 at that point. grin

My memory is getting worse. sad We have been in contact with 3, yes 3 coders from Players now!!!
Julian Jones who did Reflex, and he let me borrow his Panzer Duel tape so I could make a prg & tap of it. happy

Yeah a D64 of Taskforce would be cool, officially it should be a D64 so it also runs on C16 16k. wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024