Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stefan Both
on 2015-06-20
08:19:33
 Game for two players (simultanous)

Greetings !

I'm preparing a speech for a high school lesson, regarding computer-history. After that guest lecture, the students get the possibility to "test" a couple of computer-oldies, I prepared in a room next to the lecture room.

That is, why I'm searching for a game for the plus/4, that's made for two persons simultaneous. I would be happy for suggestions.

Stefan

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-21
15:48:57
 Re: Game for two players (simultanous)

A couple of the events in Summer Events allow for two players at the same time, the swimming might go down well if you just set it on practice?

Storm is another, controls take a little bit of getting used too.

At a very basic level are Tank Attack or Quick Draw.

At an advanced level where the players would need to know all the controls is Ace 2, even the original ACE +4 is 2 player with one flying and the other as a gunner.

Spy vs Spy is another...

A personal fav is BMX Simulator...

and while I can't recommend the version that exists on C16/Plus4, you can always take a look at Ikari Warriors,. You'd be better off taking a Commodore 64 if you want to show off a great version of Ikari Warriors, or there is the Amiga version which looks nice.. wink

Posted By

Litwr
on 2015-06-21
04:47:40

C16 Storm page has no link to Storm +4 V1.2...

Posted By

Patrick
on 2015-06-21
06:34:13

dont forget the basketball game one-on-one!!

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-21
06:49:57

@ Litwr,

ACE for C16 does not link to ACE +4 either because the Plus/4 version was a special dedicated version that was not released on the same tape... Unlike Jet Set Willy and Jet Set Willy 32k.
And Storm +4 is a version of the Commodore 64 game so to be fair it should link to Lemon64. wink

Posted By

sidney
on 2015-06-21
07:35:54

Storm is fun in two players but you have to get used to the turn and then move mechanic, once you do it's a blast.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-06-21
10:33:22

MIK had some good suggestions. I can wholeheartedly recommend Pottit. Had tons of fun with it back in the day. Another good one is Harvey Headbanger.

Two shooters you might want to check out are Terra-X and Hypa-Ball. There are a few other so-so ones: Deathships, Headhunters, Wildfire, Nucleon.

Posted By

Stefan Both
on 2015-06-21
13:07:28

Whow! Many thanks for your suggestions!
That's more than one choice wink
I'll check it out.

Greetings

Stefan

Posted By

retroscener
on 2015-06-26
09:07:16

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Ikari Warriors yet. Great game.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-06-26
13:33:52

MIK did wink Just CTRL+F it.

BTW, Stefan (though not sure if he still checks this forum), a follow-up of what actually happened, maybe even with pictures would be a welcome addition.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2015-06-26
20:11:19

Oh yeah, after a more careful scan of the replies so he did. He just never link-highlighted it (sneaky, heh). I have to totally disagree with him. It's a great conversion capturing much of the original as possibly could on the humble C16. Far better than Commando (until the remake arrives hopefully quickly soon from the original coder) and the best conversion by Elite, one of our best arcade conversions overall. Yep even better than Paperboy (sorry MIK). It just lacks diagonal fire but better that than lacking something bigger like the paper-round assault course. That's like removing the Ikari tanks or 2 player co-op mode.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-27
06:40:14

If it wasn't for the fact that C16 Ikari Warriors is closer to the game 1942 than a Commando clone then I might of agreed. The bad guys are flying fighter planes in disguise set on a pattern routine to go from A-B rather than being random or use any intelligence to hunt you down. I know so because that's how I played it and why I still have the highest score... It was just a case of lining up to shoot the enemy patterns as soon as possible as if playing Reach For The Sky trying to shoot the mid level Bombers down with the only difference being that I controlled the pace of the scrolling rather than me having to keep up with a set pace that a vertical shooter would run at..

What if it ever came out that C16 Ikari Warriors was once an early version of 1942 changed at the last moment... That would be a bomb shell and a half for you, but it would not surprise me if it were true ha! wink

Posted By

retroscener
on 2015-06-27
10:56:17

Well comparing Ikari closer to 1942 than a Commando clone using some reasonable logic just blew my mind, but not nearly half as much as I suspect it would Richard Ikin's if his ditched 1942 conversion was secretly turned into Ikari Warriors without his knowledge

Posted By

Stefan Both
on 2015-06-30
14:42:56

You may forgive me, that I prefer a german
forum, where all oldies given a HQ. But for sure, I' ll check yours on a requlary basis.
wink Special cases, special forum. I bet the whole knowledge
about the 264's is HERE
Thats why I like to be your guest.

Greetings

Stefan

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-06-30
16:57:06

my votes: Potit; Terra-x (both is simple but fun)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024