Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-20
09:57:35
 Re: Loading Screens

To be honest that type of thing was really rare.

TerraNova both C16 & Plus/4

Winter Events being the flag screen. Not sure about Summer Events as it had a full intro of screens and music before the opening ceremony loaded??? It's been a while since I last played it, a year maybe lol.

You could say it was cheating a bit... Finders Keepers

Other stuff was more single colour stuff, logo's mostly...

Some of Shaun Southern's stuff had little bits of GFX but these were done with Basic...
Trailblazer
Bandits At Zero
Tutti Frutti

Big Anco Logo,
Pin Point

Some other fun facts...
Invaders (Livewire) is the only commercial game that played Sound when the game was loading!

Retrun of Rockman it loads a background story and then shows screen info before the game loads.
Storm does the same thing but also shows in-game graphics.
Spore might be another...

I think both Bongo & Legionnaire told you how long the game would take to load as loading screens.

Tom Thumb & Pin Point I believe have no memory left to tell the datassette to stop when the game is finally loaded. I always pull the datassette out to save the tape motor from humming... Don't forget these were meant to be locked down to fit inside the C16 as to why they do it on a Plus/4 also... lacking the code some where.

A shame they never added more loading screens to be honest, but I guess having a loading screen as big as the C16 game it's self was some in-house joke so they never bothered. It would of given us more for our less any way.
I have seen a couple of times before now, some people who never originally had a C16/Plus4 that do now find it neat how quick some of our games take to load vs something on a C64 they have had for many years. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024