Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-11-19
10:12:49
 Tynesoft C16 Classics on Gameboy!

Lacoste has been porting Tynesoft C16 games to the Gameboy and Gameboy Color for a while. These remakes are freely available to play online. Today, we have excellent news for anyone who want to play them in the real world: Tynesoft C16 Classics is now available as a cartridge! There are 12 games in total:

Raffles - Vox - Pogo Pete - Lunar Docking - Zap 'Em - Super Gran - Rig Attack - Gunslinger - Battle Star - Climb It - Jet Set Willy - Wacky Painter

You can order it from InsideGadgets either as just the cartridge, or cartridge + booklet + box. Be sure to check it out!

Posted By

raze
on 2022-11-19
10:12:49
 Re: Tynesoft C16 Classics on Gameboy!

Wow, all these famous games were all from the same sw house? I didn't know it! It's great that they have been ported to the Game Boy.

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2022-11-19
14:01:02

Thank you very much for the mention, it would be great news if one of the boys from Tynesoft would come forward and see what joy they brought to people 35-37 years ago and that joy is still going on.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2022-11-20
04:34:22

Jet Set Willy was, is and always will be the spookiest/most haunting game on C16/Plus4 for me. Somehow the huge house full of bizarre sets and creatures and all the mood in the game is unsettling. happy It has got as much of a horror atmosphere as an 8 bit game can get.

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-11-20
06:03:59

@Lavina you totally nailed its atmosphere, that's the reason why on the bottom of the game's page linked by you, we shared the short mockumentary "Spectrum Diamond" which attempts to describe that tiny sensation of altered alienation as seen from the point of view of a child player.

Posted By

Orion70
on 2022-11-21
06:10:15

Spectrum Diamond is incredible, I simply LOVE this kind of products. Only thing, I thought it was a full-fledged documentary, not a mockumentary at all. So - apart from the atmospheric setting - this is not Matthew Smith's true story, is it? :/

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2022-11-23
15:52:01

Here I found a gameplay video of the conversion, in which the creator receives the collection in a physical edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Zi4Z9Cnyo

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024