Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-02-04
03:37:29
 Baron Lovejoy Travels in Time WIP + other forthcoming games.

Go Baron Lovejoy, collect'em all. And come back when you got the final version of your game, we support you till the goal!

We're also waiting for:
- that great logical game, ready since years, featuring several languages, from someone we know pretty well ;)
- Knight Lore Plus/4, coming in very few days;
- my alternative version of a game we played 1st time few years ago on C16, ready since one year, waiting for me finally learning about TEDzakker, or a fixed version of the Knaecketraecker;
- "Galli 2", sequel of Galli by Antonino Scala;
- the new adventure by Davide Bucci, to be released soon;
- a new big project from very cool ppl currently in advanced state of production;
- the new game from the great Doug;
- Siz is still on converting "DotC";
- Carrion is still on course for Montezuma's Revenge, and much more on course for Laura;
- projects currently on hiatus/sleeping/whatever: XeO3, KiCHY's Arkanoid, "Adventures in Time 2", the new Richard Ikin's version of Commando, "Bomberman Plus/4" to be finished and released by Chronos, "Avalanche"by Revival Studios, in development since 7 years now;
- after July 1st, once reached the RGCD C64 16k gamedev compo deadline, Majikeyric will release Plus/4 versions of Lala Prologue and Tenebra Macabre.

Do you know about any else? Write that down here ;)

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-02-04
07:08:32
 Re: Baron Lovejoy Travels in Time WIP + other forthcoming games.

Lala Prologue CPlus/4 https://majikeyric.itch.io/lala-prologue and Tenebra Macabre CPlus/4 https://majikeyric.itch.io/tenebra-macabre are 95% finished but will be released after RGCD C64 16k gamedev compo deadline (July 1st).

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-02-04
07:11:50

Majikeyric oooh great news, and good luck for the compo! Guessin' to know the answer, but I try as well: is there a chance to keep'em into a C16 memory, or they're actually are 64K games fighting against the 16K compression's rule?

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-02-04
07:20:51

Thanks!

Nope they are 64k, maybe 16k compressed but when unpacked..... a lot more.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2019-02-04
13:58:09

i need some helping hands to debug/finish bomberman, so raise it guys grin

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-02-04
15:36:38

wow, very cool news!

Guys, you really rock! happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2019-02-04
16:04:01

Wow, this is great! Keep it up boys happy

Posted By

Mozar​tkügel
on 2019-02-04
16:23:02

Hey thanks for 'featuring' my game! grin I was a bit reluctant putting the video public at such an early stage since there's still so much left to learn and to do, I don't even know if I'm capable of finishing the game, but of course I'm hoping to slowly finish it (and all the ports) in my spare time.

I got this megalomanic idea to release a game on several platforms from 'Rodman', I found that idea to be really fun, fascinating and interesting. I was thinking my old favorites C64 and Atari Lynx + My newly found loves Vic-20 and C16/Plus4. But I've got quite limited spare time, so a very simple game is to be expected. Programming is not my strong point either, although I enjoy it a lot, that's why c16 will most likely be at least +32k (so I can code wastingly and just have fun). Probably I will learn stuff along the way to do better, more optimized games in the future.

A lot of very nice titles coming up on the c16/plus4 I see! Thanks for all the info Luca

Majikeyric LaLa looks absolutely fantastic! I just happened to see the Vic-20 version on youtube a few days ago.

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-02-05
03:35:29

Thanks Mozartkügel . Yes When it is possible, I port the C64 games I make to CPlus/4 and VIC20.
C64 is my first love but Plus4 and VIC20 are just behind. VIC20 was my first computer and was followed by a C64.
I discovered Plus/4 coding 3 years ago, I love its 121 color palette (and hate its lack of hardware sprite ) but great things can be done with!
When I have a C64 game made, I need 4 - 8 hours to make the Plus4 port and 4 - 8 more hours to make the VIC20 version. They are not that different.

Your VIC20 version of Baron Lovejoy is promissing too.

Posted By

Mozar​tkügel
on 2019-02-05
15:32:49

Yeah, I've started noticing that they are very similar. I've been able to port most of the stuff between the systems quite easily, but since it's the first time programming on all three 8-bit commodores for me, things are not moving super fast.

I agree with you that the Plus/4 palette is really great! I'm so excited suddenly realizing how much I like the Plus4/C16/Vic-20!

Hey thanks, I like the low resolution of the Vic-20, I think the game looks the most funny / humorous on the old Vic.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-02-18
19:34:17

Some quick updates:
- Knight Lore Plus/4 is just waiting for some music;
- Two Days to the Race by Davide Bucci has just been released;
- the mysterious big new game is currently 80% ready;
- Richard Ikin says he's still on Commando's refreshed version, currently looking for some graphics.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-02-27
11:16:31

Majikeyric & Co. are ready to do their move in few days! wink

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-02-27
18:21:01

This looks extremely great! Good times for Plus/4 people!! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-03-05
16:00:29

Meanwhile, Skoro announces that he's on the way with his new production, whatever it'll be, and spreads a picture of his place, where he's coding as always on the real iron!! Got it, you crossassemblers' pussies outta here, huh? grin

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-03-06
10:12:40

Tough guy! happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2019-03-06
17:57:01

That's impressive. Deranged, obviously, but impressive!! grin That brings back some memories I can tell you!!

Its sad, but I looked at that photo and my immediate thought was 'I wish I had a decent CRT TV like that'. My plussy looks rubbish on my 21st century LCD flat screen behemoth.

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-03-07
15:09:23

OFF:
fun fact: Orion is a Hungarian traditional brand, back in the day produced with cooperation with AIWA some stuff, including TVs. My parents had an Orion TV too, and I made with my Plus/4 burned in picture due to my several hours long graphix edition sessions. So they could slightly see my pixel dragon during waching Dallas! happy

Doug, Actually most of the modern TVs have different picture modes, also utilizing some post effect. Try not using it "Computer/PC" mode (supposely you use SCART or CVBS too, like me), but try some modes with dithering effect. Natural and Photo setting usually add this, while Computer mode significantly increases sharpness and contrast, does not help to simulate CRTs.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-02
13:51:08

Let's take this topic back to its original subject.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-04-02
17:38:57

Looks like an ultra awesome game. The graphical work is really awesome, too! I read somewhere that it's 16k, but that's most probably about the original version, or? However even for 64k this is extremely awesome! Good work!

Edit: Just read Lucas post. Sorry for my 16K comment. It's clearly visible that this game is hard (conversion) work even for 64k.. Funny high quality output frequency..

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-02
15:49:20

Hokuto Force is going to convert this little puzzle game made with the Arcade Game Designer on ZX Spectrum 48/128, for C64, Plus/4 and VIC20.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-04-16
19:12:03

Hello Guys..

Just wanted to say that our game project is currently at around 90-95%.. Just as an quick update that there is some plus/4 activity here, too.. Would be interessting if there are status updates of the other projects.. We are working constantly on it, and it seems that it really will be released some day happy.. (Btw.. Thanx Luca and Degauss for helping to fix a bug on real iron!) happy.. All the best!! happy Nice to see these Hokuto Force games released on 264, btw..

edit: This weekend is the "Revision" Demoparty in Germany. "We" will not be there.. But perhaps someone does know if 264 stuff will be presented there??

Posted By

Doug
on 2019-04-17
06:16:30

Hi Chaps,

My summary is quite is simple: very little progress since late last year

I've done some small scale tinkering, but that's about it. The pressure of my day job is such that come the evening or weekend, I've really had it. I am hoping things will ease off, but every time we clear a deadline, the next one comes along! I am driving several high profile high complexity projects, and it takes its toll...

All the game components and mechanisms are written and tested. What's left for me to do? Well, quite a bit: I've got to address the issue of music and SFX, which I've kind of parked for now. The hurdle for me is generating decent Knaeckertraecker tunes, which means tackling that tool's UI. I've also got many levels to design and test. That's something that really needs some time and effort - striking the right balance between playability and challenge takes time to get right.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-17
07:14:35

My little game's redux project is still there, ready, waiting for a TED music which would have been my very first tune composed in TEDzakker...and I've never got this challenge for dozens months now In order to finally close all this, I wished in a fixed version of Knaecketracker, but...

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-04-17
10:53:46

Promised Land, though not a game, was coded instead of sleeping. And it took two years. wink So I don't have a better advice if you have a life, family, work, sleep less and code instead. Oh ,and forget about such luxuries as watching TV.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-17
11:06:50

Lavina oh well, mine is a different case: apart of coding and doing gfx music both on Plus/4 and C64, occasionally writing text for diskmag or real papers, I think no even one day has passed without me doing something on this site and others too.
I use to silently fix stuff, upload and update scans, buy stuff on eBay and dump it and scan everything and then upload'em here and on Othersi.de, adding solutions, editing and uploading maps, adding credits endings and whatever.
And the bigger ones has yet to come: Rüdiger has just passed to me 19 disks to sort upload and edit, plus several scans which no one of these is ready to be uploaded without heavy editing. Plus, I digged out from a personal collection more than 200 single programs to be released in 4 discrete bunches, inbetween some other releases incoming, some other publishings I keep updated day by day, and aaaaaal the other duties we use to add around all this work.

And, incredibly to say, I'm the first one who blame myself for waiting for so much time about one music. One single tune grin

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-04-17
11:54:35

Luca, I'm well aware of that. I was talking about us, commoners, not the Superheroes maintaining our HQ. wink

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-04-17
15:13:26

OFF
Well, actually I see the lot of stuff uploaded and refreshed every week, and I am sometimes also wonder, how it is possible...
But in fact I am a much weaker soul... Frequently I give up the gfx creation for some luxuries like GOT or playing games... --> few and rare valuable releases from my side.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-04-17
20:28:01

MMS thanks for your awesome releases. It's nice to see the pictures you do (of course).

Lavina I can hear you!! happy I choose a job where I work till the evenings and spend the night coding.. We are no professional demo/game coders and have somehow to compensate this by not so common sleep "rhythms".. However I do have no other dependency in life, someone could say I have no life, and I watch no TV (just cinema), grin, so it's fairly easy to spend from 3 to 7 hours per day coding and refining stuff.. Dunno how the other team members handle this, they all have a live besides the nerdy stuff.. (And it's "funny" if you text other plus4coders deep in the night and get just some sparse response and people tell you that it's something for tomorrow.. I try to avoid this as much as possible for me, or at least hope that people don't look immediately on their mobiles..)

Doug Wow Doug.. Yeah Knaecketracker is not so easy to master I suppose.. Never tried a track on my own.. The musicians I know adapted fairly fast.. However some where underwhelmed by the harsh restrictions of the TED.. Seems you have to do additional leveldesigning, like you said.. Sounds like a lot of work to follow :/.. And I thought you are nearly through with that project already! So I just stay tuned now.. happy

Luca Csabo and all the others maintaining the forum.. You know what you do! happy

Luca ha!! So finally a chance to use and learn TedZacker!! happy

Let's wait for the others then.. Some projects seem to take a longer time.. happy obvious reasons..

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-18
02:16:00

Doug: I supposed you've fixed the reinitialize bug in Knaecketraecker, the best would be to have a valid player_code.asm file to put straight into the program folder, in order to let the tracker compile fully working files.

Mad: yes, definitively, I had to compose something relaxing and time covering which lies under $0F2A, and I'm fascinated by the fake sync fx in the heavier player of TEDzakker.

Oh, in any case, Lavina was right about that, it's a must say in the scene since dozens years: who codes, he talks grin

Someone has just contacted me, telling me I've anticipated him in releasing a trainer about a famous game, so expect a new improved version of "that game" soon wink

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-07-11
22:32:57

Just some small note about our currently work in progress game..

It's almost there.. I would say we are at 99% currently. One picture is missing but will be finished very soonish (At least that's what I sincerely hope).. And just two tunes but 5tarbuck said they'll just take one or two or three weeks.. And I have (hopefully) some friends doing propper translations of the ingame texts..

The game will be released at the Evoke Demoparty in Germany on 16th of August.. So just around 1 month to go..

Nice to see that the forum is active.. Even if all seem to be in their summer vacations currently.. happy..

Would be interessting to see if there are other people working on releases.. (Did I say Arok!!)

Greetz from Berlin! happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2019-07-12
06:42:35

Hey Mad,

That's great! (Where do you guys find the time????) Looking forward to seeing that, that's for sure.

Personally I'm getting pretty close now. I'd say I'm basically at code complete (I keep thinking of ways to speed it up, and going on deep dives into the code - I need to stop doing that!)

I've got all the game play elements finished, and the rate of spotting bugs has tailed right off now. I still need to work on the aurals a bit more, but the big remaining job is the overall game map and level design (there will be lots of levels). One of the guys I work with is a CBM nut who is keen to help with that, so that's good. It won't be ready for Arok, but I'm going to make sure it comes out this year.

Cheers,
Doug

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-07-12
14:35:32

Doug Awesome to hear! So it'll give lots of finely crafted levels.. happy It's always good to have a game code complete.. It's always nice to know all worked out.. I know that the last touches, some say the last 10%. are also a hard part of doing games.. Happy that you'll finish it this year!! happy Cheers!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2019-07-14
04:37:37

Actually, I did a lame conversion last month. Not for Árok or any other party. Just for fun. It is ready to be released, but I was informed that it will have a properly reworked version for our machines, so I postponed it until the "professional" port is released.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-08-14
20:18:17

gerliczer interessting! So there are some things worked out currently and below the radar! happy Hope your effort is not 100% lost.. :/

edit: Our upcoming Plus/4 game is finally final. This friday me and Nero will visit the Evoke demoparty and the game will be in the interactive competition on saturday. I try to post a link to the live stream and hope to be able to immediately up the game here and on pouet.net.. Just so you know.. :)

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-08-15
04:17:36

Cooool!! Thanks for the heads up. The masters strike again! Very exciting. I'll go to bed early till Saturday so time passes faster. happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2019-08-16
14:12:57

Here's a link to a live stream from this year's Evoke party: https://www.twitch.tv/evoke.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-08-17
15:40:55

Hey Plus4people...

The interactive compo at Evoke starts right now.. Just so you know.. Hope we somehow do it..

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2019-08-17
16:23:19

It just ended now... I hope everyone enjoyed! So, what do you think about the last contestant? wink

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2019-08-17
16:25:23

Do we have our own R-Type or Katakis now? :Huge grin:

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-09-23

Davide Bucci is now on the sophomore, a new adventure based on the character of the early XX century girl Emilia Vittorini, followup of Two Days to the Race: On the Queen's Footsteps.

- "Alien8", a most wanted conversion of the Ultimate classic again from emu, should be quite to its goal line.

- Stinaris is now converting the ZX Spectrum's classic arcade adventure "Atic Atac".

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-05-10
00:01:35

Hi Guys!

After the marvelous conversion of Attic Attac.. What is the current state of games being developed? Are there any news from the people doing stuff for the plus/4 / c16?

We are doing some sort of Action RPG, however it will take at least a year to finish.. What about the others.. Any news on games or demos being developed?

Anyways, all the best and happy coding from here!

Posted By

Doug
on 2020-05-10
09:58:26

Hey Mad,

Glad you're busy working on a new project. I look forward to seeing it! My own is very nearly done now. Not quite a done deal just yet, but really not far off. I've had to layoff working in on it for a while, but thing are getting back to what passes for normal so I've been back on it recently (nothing to do with the virus).

Luca and MIK have been incredibly kind and helpful, really helping me along. Maybe I can release something this month? We'll have to see!

Cheers everyone!
Doug

Posted By

register
on 2020-05-10
10:20:25

Hi Doug,
can we get a little preview, a screenshot, an hint! I am soooo curios!!!
Prospector Pete was one of my favourite games!

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-05-10
11:08:47

Doug oh well, to say the truth the Covid-19 actually barely hit your game's development grin You know I did the 1 channel music, and I have to compose a 2 channels one...well, I've just discovered that my troubles with the left ear are actually caused due a Covid-19 weird attack, and it's still trying to steal something from my ear right now grin Have to say, it's not the best condition to compose a new tune, really, and tinnitus plus ear fullness give me headache and drop off my concentration happy

We're alse waiting for the Plus/4 version of "Alien8", which should be practically ready at this time. And I tested a little and sweet strategic game ported from C64, which shall be released soon as multiformat production C64/C128/Plus4 with a tangible C64 magazine. My 2048 Octaluxe has been released just before the end of the year for my own satistaction only, all the other pending news remain as they were previously.

Posted By

Doug
on 2020-05-10
18:10:34

Hi register,

You asked so nicely, but you're going to have wait just a little longer! I can reveal a few details -

Its a reworking of one my old titles, but brought right up to date. I've added plenty of new and unique elements. Game play varies from puzzle solving to frantic dashing, with quite a lot in between. I managed to overcome some technical challenges that blocked me back in the 80's, so I am pleased with that. And for that authentic retro feel, its a 64K game that is a single .PRG file - no cheating pulling bits in off disk! If you have tape deck and fancy remembering the 30 min load times we had to endure back then, feel free to stick on it on a C60 when it comes out!

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2020-05-11
05:54:23

Doug,

Just use Novamaker (https://plus4world.powweb.com/tools/Novamaker) it's a windows tool for creating Novaload .tap files. It takes a PRG file as the source. I only discovered it very recently, but it's great and works everytime, unlike the original Novaload, well certainly under emulation was hit and miss.

Should do 64K in about 5 minutes happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2020-05-11
07:32:59

Hi Stinaris,

Good shout! That's brilliant. It worked like a charm. There was something deeply satisfying watching it load the 'proper' way, even if it was only on Yape happy

Makes me wish I still had all my Burner loader software, so I could have converted it from C64, and published it using my own fast loader. Ah well!

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-05-11
10:35:11

Great news Doug!!

That tape support is awesome! Probably a must in the 80s happy.. Nice to support the people owning a tape currently.. Me for myself I can't even support SD2IEC people anymore grin... So your game will easily even be in these big SD2IEC collections people have out there. And that seems to be the majority of people (at least on the C64).. Very good choice to support these guys, even if it's only by "accident" and for nostalgic reasons!

Can't wait to see the final game.. Luca and MIK most probably did a great job testing the game, Luca always does a good and precise job when doing stuff..

So yeah, great to hear.. And keep on coding!

cheers,
Mad

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024