Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-10-19
07:20:46
 Three different Pilot X

I've noticed that there exist three different versions of the game Pilot X:
- the first one, dated on screen in 1985 (Midas? Probably...)
- the second one, dated 1987
- the Kingsoft release for Plus-Paket II, 1987.

Their game setup codes are all different each other. At the moment, we have the 1985 original TAP and a bad crack as PRG of the second release, whereas the Kingsoft version lies in the compilation.
I've just cracked and exomized all the three versions. In few hours (once at home), I'll upload'em and I'll fix the wrong screenshot in the database.

Is there somebody who knows more about these three versions, in order to fix this game's info and make it case closed? Does somebody have the other two TAPs we're missing? Thank you in advance, kisses to the sceners :*

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-10-19
18:55:03
 Re: Three different Pilot X

The only time I recall Pilot X which I have here comes on Space 2, never saw a stand alone release of it in the UK.

Really the Kingsoft Plus-Paket II should be German only as that was where it was released. The file names are shared as the English ones yes but the instructions are not.

Is the $1001-$3FFF version a crack of the disk one?

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-10-19
19:46:28

Maybe a crack? Could be, though it appears to be weird change the date only...

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2013-10-20
02:42:52
 Re: Three different Pilot X /Plus Paket II

STOP guys!!!!

I checked my collection. There exits a tape version of the Plus Paket II, with color cover. This release is rare because it contains the cover from Legionaire, so that was banned in germany.

This tape contains the 1985 version from Pilot X.

And here only we can find the old version of Bongo, very different about the later version. (Luca: about Bongo old version we can talk later ...)

Then we find Legionaire and Space Pilot, from 1986. In the old Bongo version is no year. So I think this tape was released in 1986?

The disc version of the Plus Paket II was with a simply Kingsoft "cover", blue, white & black and no cover picture. Now Kingsoft has sold this disc without the banned cover from Legionaire ... released on disc in 1987.

About Space 2: There exits 2 different releases: The single cassette case and with double cassette case, and instructions in english & german. Hope everybody can make a full size scan in t he future ... Possible that the 2 different Midas releases contains different versions? Can everybody check his own collection? We must see what a version is on the single cassette case tape release.

In my collection is only the double case release with the 1985 version, same as Plus Paket II.

Interesting: file name of the tape contains ANCO. Interesting that the Tom release from Anirog is copyright 1986, but Anco with 1985 releases.

There exits no single release from Pilot X, only on compilations. Interesting the mini cover on the Plus Paket II tape release was later used by Midas for Space 2.

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-10-20
08:11:22

Wow I can't wait to see the banned Legionnaire cover as I love this game!! I hope you can upload a picture of it so we can see. happy
Maybe the cover is more like Commando aka Alien Invasion? I'm sure I have not seen it. Of course I would love to see it out of interest so hope it's not offensive to anyone.

I have the big double size cassette box of Space 2 also. I will load it up today on the real iron and check the date. Might be my .tap here on the site but I will check.
If you say there are 2 releases then that would be along the lines of Panic Penguin as that had two releases in different boxes, double & single.

I'm sure any date changes with Anco / Anirog games is because they were in direct contact with Kingsoft and a number of the game devs. Maybe Udo Gertz wanted to do a final polish on his work knowing they were being shipped outside of Germany? I was just glad his works and others from that part of Europe made it over here in the UK. The date would be correct to the year they were released in the UK tho. Bongo was 1986 here, and released before Winter Events. happy

I had seen a picture in a magazine of Tom Thumb as it was known to us before it released in the UK so it's always been known as that here I'm sure. That picture spoke 1000 words, Ghost Town was released before it and while this was excellent I so wanted to get hold of Tom Thumb! The name makes more scene to be honest, small guy with spiders the same size as him in a big pyramid. The original Rick Dangerous! happy

EDIT: I have just tested my Pilot X tape on a real C16 and it's the same as the .tap on the site here. Date 1985 and at Found it's called "PILOTX ANCO 16". Blue & Yellow bar turbo loader as well.

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2013-10-20
14:25:19

MIK: The (banned) cover in germany you can see at Legionaire!

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-10-21
05:48:41

lol I was expecting something different from the one we all know. I guess combat related art was not allowed then, sorry this had to happen. These games were based more on the movies of the time like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando & Sylvester Stallone in Rambo so were fiction.

If you think I'm going around in circles your have to forgive me but something in the back of my mind says we have been here before having said the above... Some tablets I take mess up my memory a bit.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024