Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-03-31
15:12:32
 Hall Of Fame: Newest additions

Page: Hall Of Fame

Thought it would be nice to have one topic for when you add any new game entry to the HOF page just in case they are missed when they were added, or if anyone is up for a challenge there is something new on offer as it's not something we might look at daily. Also you could use this to discuss your latest score success in more detail, lets us know any way. I see some people have been busy. happy

The page it's self displays the top 3 as always, but today I added 4 new titles to the list.

Laser Zone - We needed a Jeff Minter title. wink
Rockman - start a new game to see your highest score at the bottom. Great game!!
Spectipede - One of the first games ever made, cool how busy the screen can get!
Tazz - Nice Robotron style game minus diagonal shooting, very underrated!

BTW plenty of scores that need beating. Lets see some new faces!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2013-03-31
15:56:28
 Re: Hall Of Fame: Newest additions

Can someone delete my name on the Tom Thumb hi-score? I can't remember adding it and can only delete the information, not wipe my name from the record.
I did the longplay video using save states for the perfect score and so for a perfect video. So this so-called 198,000 score doesn't count as a genuine score.

Maybe I should have mentioned it in the video, but I didn't like to cheapen it wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-03-31
16:54:39

Just taken 2nd place on Kikstart. Mosh is still holding on to 1st place with a cool 28k score! happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-03-31
20:16:20

Nice scores, MIK happy Nice to see the list of scores growing longer. Sixteen Plus: it's deleted. You should totally do a regular effort for Tom Thumb though!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2013-03-31
23:39:19

It's on the list. I probably won't get too far though.

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-02
11:31:24

Updated score for Rockman and this time played it on Plus/4. It took me 3 copies of the tapes later to find that compatible Plus/4 version so I have now put a little note on the spine so I don't lose it again. wink

I'll add my current Runner score in a bit. Litwr you might wish to update your 1988 score with a 2013 attempt?

I was thinking of adding Dark Tower to the list... would my name be the only one? I can score 7000+ on it at present but still can't finish the 1st set of screens. Must be the hardest platform game ever made for the C16! Requires a lot of patience tho and if you can give it some it will reward your perseverance. It's an excellent game really, a classic even just maybe the challenge is too much for some or they are scared of the DARK. grin

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-02
12:21:03

Hi, MIK! happy My old Quick Shot I joystick is broken and my attempts to repair it failed. So I need to buy a new one and it will take a time. I want to have a shop with old good joysticks nearby. Meanwhile, do you want to try Xargon wars? wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-02
16:29:55

Ha!

You must of put a lot of work into Xargon Wars to get that score! I just played it for an hour and got a noob score of 246.

You must of learned all the waves and the enemy fire! The hardest part is surviving the fire when they bundle up on you or leave you with no where to go. Controls can be a little sensitive when the fire is close causing unwanted deaths too. wink

Not an easy game. Great score Litwr, respects. happy

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-03
12:39:13

Thank you. It was not easy and took several weeks. If I remember correctly then the toughest Xargons live at level 12. I used the mentioned Quick Shot I. BTW a player should also remember about the laser overheat. wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2013-04-03
17:30:53

Is it really just my imagination that there existed a "bugfixed" version of Xargon Wars where the explosions did not remain stuck on the screen?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-04-03
21:45:51

Is it my imagination, or did we have that exact conversation a while back? happy

Such a merciless game (Xargon Wars). On my first try, I got 65 points, but messed up entering my name. I figured I can do better, but after about 10 more tries, I couldn't even got that much... Ah, maybe another day when I'm not tired. 246 is pretty good though, 3841 is out of this world!

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-04
03:14:29

[Csabo] Yes, this was a bit other world. We were a bit younger...
[Gaia] Do you have problems with level 4? wink Try to shot them when they are high! happy Don't allow them to leave (radio-active?) remains low. happy So I don't think there're errors. However the level 5 is the big problem for novice Xargon's hunter. wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-05
07:55:50

Gaia & Csabo the original 1st ever release of Xargon Wars does not contain any bugs, unlucky for us the bugs appeared in the Omnibus version which I made the .tap out of because it has a Turbo, (I didn't play it much so forgot about bugs). The very 1st release does not have a turbo. Sadly I don't have C16 Classics I as that was a set of games I already owned in single release form so never bought it, maybe the bug came from that release?

I will check what we have in .prg & .tap here on the site. If both are still broken I'll see if I can make a .prg out of my original 1st release copy and get it on to PC. Man I'll have to get me a SD2IEC sooner than later as I could have it on the PC in under 10mins including loading from tape, have to do it the old way lol.

EDIT:
The .prg here is in perfect working order, but I remember that bug in the past tho!
Adding your name is Up/Down and to move over a char Left/Right. A Blank Space is found a char or two just after the numbers, from the start of "A" move Up for letters, down for numbers.

EDIT 2:
Nice new score on Xargan Wars Csabo! A little too close to mine for comfort. :)

I've taken top slot for Bandits At Zero tho to be honest this game is on the border line of boring. Looks great, almost C64 sprite looking but the waiting and lack of action really kills it and considering none of us have ever got past stage 4 (maybe) then I guess 80% of the game has never been seen. Was not worth the £2.99 price tag compared to others in the Mastertronic range. Sky Hawk and even Planet Search are more fun than Bandits imo.

Just added one more classic: Tutti Frutti

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-05
08:02:54

So, a quick summing up: we're still in search of:
- Xargon Wars: first no bugged version without turbo, standalone released;
- Xargon's Revenge: bugged version from Omnibus II.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-05
11:05:11

BTW I've found an hour for Xargon wars again. I used emulator (plus4emu under linux) 100% speed, keyboard and ... snapshots. I could reach bigger score than at 1988. So I can name the emulators as the cheater's machines. wink BTW I always use 4 ships - it is default maximum.

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-05
12:46:05

Litwr,
Default setting of ships for Xargon Wars is 3 ships maximum. Honest!
The .prg we have here is correct and shows 3 ships when you run it. I loaded the original working release the other night from cassette as that was what I used to get my low score. wink

Luca,
It's been such a long time I have forgotten the DOS commands for MTAP so it will record, can you remember them? MTAP is on my old PC which is not connected up so I am asking without looking at the moment.

Can you remember if I did Xargon's Revenge from C16 Classics II or from it's original release? If I did do it that is...
Very strange why these two games shipped with bugs on re-release as if it was done out of spite or something.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-06
10:02:36

MIK, the default number of ships is 3 but default (standard, build-in) maximum number of ships is 4. I didn't use cheater schemes. wink I just pressed F4 F1 F3 F1 and got "Are you ready? - Go for it!" happy
[EDIT] It took less than one hour and a lot of snapshots - here. I feel myself as a big cheater corrupted by the emulator.

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-10
14:40:45

I think your a little confused by the term "default". It means as it comes, not changed or once loaded you have not touched anything.

Changing the ships to 4 is an "option" or "Menu" setting you have changed so this is not default or by default. The game allows you to chose more ships as an optional setting.

1 more ship won't help any way as we are a long way off ha! Nothing is being said you have cheated. If you used 4 ships then ok, let people know on your notes. happy

Edit:

Roll up, roll up, Arthur Noid joins the Hall of Fame!

Nice score Csabo for Xargon Wars! 351 at the time of posting. :)

George, your score for Space Pilot says 1985 for year, the game never came out until 1986.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-10
20:08:54

MIK: mmm, unfortunately, I don't remember from where that game has been taken, sorry :/
In general, a mtap -c16pal -b 20 tapname.tap should be enough, otherwise:

usage: mtap [-lpt] [-x[e [-buffer <size>] [-v] <tap output file>
-lpt<x>: use parallel port x (default: lpt1)
-x: use X1541 cable for transfer
-xa: use XA1541 cable for transfer
-xe: use XE1541 cable for transfer
-b: increase buffer size (default: 4 MB)
-h: halfwaves
-v: record Version 0 TAP
-vicntsc: record VIC-20 NTSC tape
-vicpal: record VIC-20 PAL tape
-c16ntsc: record C16 NTSC tape
-c16pal: record C16 PAL tape
-c64ntsc: record C64 NTSC tape
-c64pal: record C64 PAL tape

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-25
01:02:58

Some nice scores being posted for Arthur Noid and well done Kincsi on your current 143K score! That will take some beating. Congrats! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024