Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Jakec
on 2010-12-01
00:17:04
 When you turned on the machine last?

I was yesterday, and it worked. wink
and I loaded the Timeslip and Treasure Island.

Posted By

MIK
on 2010-12-01
03:35:29
 Re: When you turned on the machine last?

A while back.

Loaded up Squirm for the kids to have a bash at and got my son to have a play on Thrust to see just how good he isn't, (Brain washed by the likes of Halo). wink

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-12-01
04:46:42

Some days ago.

Tested GEOS 3.5 whether it supported the 1351 mouse (through the joystick port of the Synergy SID card). ...Then transferred down and watched a couple of old demos from EVS and Methabolix Inc.

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-12-01
04:51:05

20 years ago, when I sold it for the price of a 286 with monochrome SVGA

But I plan to buy soon a robust C-16 with 64K, plus 1551. maybe an improved PSU (stronger diodes)
(I hope till that time there will be some breakthrough on the connection to LCD TVs via SVideo. No plan to go back to 13" CRT monitor happy )

Posted By

Chris
on 2010-12-01
07:44:07

Switched on my C116 about a week ago, to play Adventures In Time and Uwol: Quest for Money. Was a brilliant couple of hours of fun. I was going to go back into my garage and play again, but there's too much snow to venture out.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-12-01
11:43:29

I last turned on my C16 on Nov 13th, for the hi-score challenge with Xzap on the commodore16 site.

I just recieved my premium disk of AIT today. So I'll be switching it on again tonight. Glad my C16 was recently expanded to 64K at long last happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-12-01
17:01:13

Just now, testing a demo effect on the real iron.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2010-12-03
05:08:58

some 3 years ago to test some half-ready demoparts that probably will not ever be released... :-/

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-12-03
09:46:32

This nice "sceneish" topic will shed light to my shame... My Plussies are stowed away. I had them out in our place after we moved in, which was around 4-5 years ago, but there just isn't enough room on my desk for it. Sigh. I envy you guys with real machines set up! It's the interwebz and emulators for me.

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-12-03
10:11:42

Csabo, you just need a shelf grin
The plus/4 is not so huge... It may happen, that even it fits to a desk's keyboard roll-in shelf. I have space, but no plussy

Posted By

JamesD
on 2010-12-03
13:40:48

October when I had it out to compare sorting speed from BASIC vs the same sort on the Speccy.

Posted By

Rybags
on 2010-12-04
06:54:45

I've not run my Plus4 for huge periods, or most of my old machines for that matter.

PC is a 24/7 thing for the last 6 years or so, only switchoff is usually for cleaning or upgrades.

A few years ago turned on my Atari 130XE a couple of weeks before Christmas while working on a demo, it pretty much stayed turned on until the next May.

Posted By

Jakec
on 2010-12-06
01:48:00

It's Horrible! Finally, if 4-5 people are using the original machine (real iron - great).
I used to take down the machine sometimes when "she and kids" are at home. I promise next time you copied the original list of the "Her-turbo" machine.

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2010-12-06
07:48:39

Fortunately I have a computer desk with a pull out keybd shelf. This allows the plussy and the PC keyboards to peacefully coexist and both feed into one VGA monitor via a "VGA BOX". The PC and plussy are also connected directly through a serial interface allowing a PC hard disk, memory stick, etc to be used as a storage place for all my D64s in one place.
The serial interace software allows any D64 on the PC to appear just as it were on a real 1541 drive. All I have to do is switch between viewing the PC or the plussy screen via the VGA box.

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2010-12-06
07:58:47

I'm afraid my last time was in March.

I would gladly play the "Uwol" and "Adventures In Time" but getin' 5,25" disks isn't that easy, guys.

Alsi I would finally have to learn how to use the damn PC=>diskdrive interface.

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-12-06
14:35:23

OFF
Hey Mike!
Holy suit! that could be a fantastic setup happy
ON

YERZMYEY:
a box of brand new 5.25" 2D, I suppose russian or bulgarian origin, ~6€, 10pcs
http://szamitastechnika.vatera.hu/retro_szamitogep_kiegeszito/dialog_5_25_2d_dobozos_10_db_uj_lemez_c_64_hez_188435623.html

Lemme know, if you want it for Christmas happy

OFF again: in UK, DE and US the Plus/4 config prices are extreme...

Posted By

Chris
on 2010-12-06
16:34:25

Just wanted to add, that there is a empty C16 case with keyboard constantly in our sitting room. Its one of my 10 month old baby boy's favourite toys, he's got so much but tends to play with empty boxes and his C16. Its so wonderful to see him pressing all the buttons and enjoying himself. Waiting till he's old enough to experience the games.

Posted By

Jakec
on 2010-12-07
00:25:12

So I'm with him, but unfortunately ... I hope they will be interested in the machine.
By the time they grow up and you put the machine to them, just look like a big one. What is this father? Commodore? And run the the "Fire Galaxy" ... Wow. Dad, come on ... what is this sh**?
Then the 10. area him bleed to death and start again ... or destroyed in the Joy.

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2010-12-07
03:42:48

MMS:

>a box of brand new 5.25" 2D, I suppose russian or bulgarian origin, ~6€, 10pcs
http://szamitastechnika.vatera.hu/retro_szamitogep_kiegeszito/dialog_5_25_2d_dobozos_10_db_uj_lemez_c_64_hez_188435623.html
Lemme know, if you want it for Christmas happy
----------------
Haha, man - I can't buy things from abroad because of all the money-transfer problems (last times I tried to buy a Internet wifi card for Spectrum from Czech and it was a torture).
Also there are usual problems with foreign languages (I know, I know, one should learn them, but I'm supposedly too old happy ).

Posted By

Lavina
on 2010-12-07
05:08:49

What about PayPal, etc... ? I use it almost daily in the last 3-4 years...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024