Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2008-01-19
11:50:26
 Buckaroo Banzai & co

Excellent find Luca! When I discovered the multicoloured version of Sorcerer of Claymorgue Castle in early 2006 I did test a couple of other suspects, among others Buckaroo Banzai and Questprobe 2 but I failed to recover anything of interest. The files that I tried were from the C64 gamebase at www.gb64.com and since I could not find any other image I had considered them to be lost... And now this. Excellent achievement that you had managed to recover one of these.

I would recommend you do another try with Questprobe 2 aka Spiderman, chances are that there's a plus/4 version hiding on the B side of an original C64 disk image.

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-01-19
12:29:32
 Re: Buckaroo Banzai & co

You said it, Attila! wink
This one has been quite a difficult one to find, and if you read Wikipedia about the argument, you can read this:
An early example of the computer industry licensing movie titles is "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai", a text adventure published by the now defunct software publisher Adventure International and written by Scott Adams. Original unopened copies of this game are extremely rare. A copy of the game sold for $2300 on eBay in 2002. This game is a text based language parser and playable online reengineered versions of it exist on the net.

And, yes, I was searching for "QP2: Spiderman" too, and Jerry told me that he has to search for it...
Fiiiingercrossssssing guys... wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2008-01-19
12:33:05

Questprobe 2 should exist I think, because the C64 preservation disk database enlists it and claims it being a "clean image". Well, as you have put it: fingers crossed happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-01-19
15:12:16

I didn't understand why the sentences at C64PP let you thing a +4 version exist, but it's time to have faith so I don't bother happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2008-01-19
17:27:33

Well, it's simple logic. Questprobe #1 has a semi-official plus/4 version (Hulk) and so does Questprobe #3 (Fantastic Four) so I assume that by getting a full image of the original, we will recover the "lost" plus/4 version of Questprobe #2. It just doesn't seem realistic to me why #2 should not exist for the plus/4 when both #1 and #3 does happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-01-19
17:29:58

Wow, very cool indeed! Saves me from having to convert the pictures version happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-01-20
06:44:52

On the Lemon forum again, an user told me he has the Green Valley version of Spiderman, republished under the "Load'N'Go" release series. He could open the intact box and verify if there would be a tangible chance to spot out a hidden Plus/4 version.
Any hint?

I'm also busy asking cover inlay and instructions of "Intruder Alert" by Compass Software, it looks like a text adventure game...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2008-01-20
07:05:38

Of course he should happy Though I believe there might be a chance that a budget re-release will not contain our hidden gem...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2008-01-20
10:59:02

The Green Valley versions of Questprobe 1: The Hulk and Questprobe 2: Spiderman do not have Plus/4 versions. I checked this a few years back. The Green Valley release of Questprobe 3: Fantastic Four does have a Plus/4 version still on the disk. (Release K of QP3 does work properly and does not need Csabo's fix, and is downloadable from http://www.cbm264.com/adams/questprobe.html .

Posted By

Gaia
on 2008-01-20
14:04:51

Here's a screenshot of the Green Valley box (bottom of the page):

http://www.spiderfan.org/software/console/1978_questprobe/index.html

Posted By

JamesC
on 2008-01-21
01:48:03

If that's a hint for someone to provide a clearer scan of the Green Valley artwork.... I can do that. happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-01-21
12:18:57

Mmmm... I see I linked Buckaroo Banzai Plus4 to Adventure International UK, but now I see that's the only game to be published by Adventure International (and stop)...

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-01-23
09:37:01

Got "Intruder Alert"'s cover: it's for Spectrum, false warning...

Posted By

Jakec
on 2008-01-24
07:30:20

Competition time 5 to 10 hour? Wow! happy I love the adventures.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-09-05
10:27:30
 Intruder Alert

The game came up in this thread before http://plus4world.powweb.com/forum/4766...

Csabo found the game listed here http://yois.if-legends.org/vault.php and asked the site owner if the games(back then all 3 titles were listed as C16 releases) are indeed C16 releases. He replied that they are for the C64. However, the site still lists "Intruder Alert" for C16 (I found this by coincidence and then searched the forum and the old thread turned up.)

"
Compass Software

Demon from the Darkside (with The Golden Mask, Project X: The Microman, The)
Cassette with case / inlay / instructions, Commodore 64/128.
Devil's Hand
Cassette with case and inlay, Commodore 64/128.
Intruder Alert
Cassette with case / inlay / instructions, Commodore 16/+4.
"
Maybe someone can ask him to check again? happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024