Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-06-20
09:12:59
 Re: Whats the hardest plus/4 game to play?

Very interesting question... I think it could be broken down into further categories. I think what Sharky meant was what's the hardest game to play as far as controls, and just generally playing the game. Even in this sense, I think there are subcategories.

To me Thrust was way too hard, because you have to really patient and gentle with the controls. I don't think I could even finish the first screen. I found the learning curve too steep. I had no problem with Rescue from Zylon however, loved that one.

On the other hand, games like Fingers Malone are also very tough because of the 'random' nature of the enemy movement. It's already a bit hard to control your character (movement is fast), but the enemies will just get you in random leaving you no time to react. I couldn't see if there was any strategy to it.

Games like Ghost Town were hard, because it took you _soo_ long to get to the later screens, and because it was the unknown, you just died on the first try, or try after try, and there was no save. Still it's an awesome game.

Games like Bard's Tale III are very easy to play. You just select the options from the menu by pressing the first letter of the choice. Very easy to get into. But it's the actual solving of the game that's hard, like Siz said.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024