Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-11-13
 Yape Pal TV emulation rulez :-)

I have a bad neck from checking both TV and PC screens to get the closest result I could get. wink

What are you out comes for your PAL TV setups?

My Plus4 is connected to my TV with a BNC connection. It about the best picture I've ever seen. wink Colour, Brightness, Contrast and Sharpness are all set in the middle.

Also my PC monitor will be setup totally different from yours or anyones elses, but as a guide as to the close as can be from my point of view I'll list my settings below if you fancy a play.

Dont scream if it doesn't look right or how you'd expect it to!!!!! Take a note of your own before you tamper! wink

I have a Creative Labs - 3D Blaster GeForce 3 Ti 200, using DirectX 9 video dirvers.

I found different screen modes can do different effects with the PAL emulation wink I used 1024x768 and displayed Yape at double size.

The best "Display Type" for the colour was the "Calculated Colours" setting. How ever white looks a soft grey. I also think the tones of grey might be a little out?? But this was very good indeed!!

Yape Display Settings:
Brightness: 148
Contrast: 168
Gamma: 128 (this didn't effect the image at all when changed?)
Saturation: 85

Other than the white looking a little different (that goes after a while wink ), this is COOL!!! About as close as I've ever seen it to the real thing happy I love it that I'm gona stick with it until Attila does another update and changes everything wink Bad neck will come back hehehe!

Well done Attila this rocks!!!!!!!

Posted By

MC
on 2003-11-14
 Re: Yape Pal TV emulation rulez :-)

Agreed! happy
However, yape was buggy on my girl's machine, shows blank black screen in doublesize PAL emulation. I don't know what videocard's in it, maybe an S3 Savage. Or maybe i've replaced it to a TNT2 pro? Dunno happy I should check happy S3s heavily suck anyway.

Posted By

RKSoft
on 2003-11-14

I downloaded the new version of YAPE and was fascinated happy. I own 2 commodore plus/4 (and of course a c16,too - ok, 1xc64,1x128,1xamiga500,1xatari st wink )
I played different digi demos (sweet, i thought my plussy can play digi sounds, so i test the james brown is dead, eiffel 64 and gigi d'aggostino digi demos on my original machines, nice happy) on YAPE v0.53 with PAL TV emulation. No problems, i have a P3-500 with a ELSA Erazor 3 Pro (nVidia TNT2), Windows 98 or 2000, DX9.1!
It runs with 50FPS without any errors or flickers! i played Big Mac and you should use the settings 128,128,128,120 (on looks like on my RGB monitor).

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-11-14

I'm watching Future World and Dream World on megascreen with YAPE 0.53, and I'm very impressed!
Great beast you coded Attila! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-11-14

The only little bug I'd caught was in the morph part of Future World.

Posted By

MC
on 2003-11-14

Tricky german code happy

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-11-15

"Tricky german code" - Well I do not think so. AFAIR the linemorpher was a pretty quick hack, it did not use any special tricks apart from textmode FLI. Mabye there is some deviation from proper timing?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-11-19

I've just found a bug in Yape 0.53's TAP emulation.

If you load a TAP which uses Novaload, and which is a multi-parter (eg, loads a loading screen/instruction screen, then loads the main part), when it attempts to load the second part, it shows a blank screen and doesn't load.

This bug can be seen on Mercenary, Return of Rockman, BMX Racers, Icicle Works and several other Mastertronic and Commodore games.

Anyone else getting this?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-12-15
 TAP problem in v0.53 of Yape [ WAS: Re: Yape Pal TV emulation rulez :-) ]

For info: this was caused by the fact that in release 0.53 'Patch LOAD vector' was accidentally selected as default and that of course has an effect not only for the disk but the tape routines happy Just turn it off, and the problem is solved, the next release will be shipped with this option switched off by default.

Posted By

bubis
on 2012-10-10
12:08:06

Sorry for the lame question, I haven't been following things in this world so precisely in the recent years:

Has anyone implemented real interlaced PAL mode on Plus/4 yet? If so, is there a binary or source code example available to download and inspect?

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-10-10
14:16:29

IMHO IstvanV's p4fliconv may produce such things.

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2012-10-11
05:39:06

Hi bubis,

I ran a quick search through the site and it revealed that Crown and TLC were discussing this on the old mailing list back in '98 and maybe they exchanged sources. Besides this, I seem to remember to download a short tech demo from some link in the forum that seemed to be changing the display into interlace but I can't access it, if it exist at all, because a nice forced system crash. I don't really remember who done it. I guess it was Bionic but I could be very wrong.

Posted By

bubis
on 2012-10-11
06:53:40

Hi,

I think I got it! Istvan's p4fliconv has fli display asm code too, and that is doing some cycle exact magic with $ff1e in interlace mode in every second frame. happy

BTW, p4fliconv and plus4emu are extremely cool stuff! happy Well done Istvan!

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-10-11
10:14:38

i cannot agree more. In my uncalibrated eyes Plus4emu's display mode 3 is just a perfect tv output emulation, though it requires proper OpenGL driver, and most intel Vga's (notebooks) do not have that

Posted By

Chicken
on 2012-10-11
18:02:16

Bubis,
check out this thread:

http://plus4world.powweb.com/forum/11417

It's the one gerliczer thought of, I think. Bionic's screen shot is gone but I have it saved somewhere. If I recall correctly IstvanV mentiond that he based his code on this and his NTSC dot clock tricks on TLC's findings/suggestions.

Gerliczer,
yes, this was a favorite topic back in the old mailing list days happy

Later happy

Posted By

bubis
on 2012-10-12
06:59:47

Thanks Chicken! That covers real pal interlace (or true interlace) too indeed.
So, I am just wondering now what is the experience with Istvan's implementation, i.e. how does p4fliconv's high resolution output work on real TVs, projectors? What is your experience? The most important question is obviously if colors work reliably or not? (See in that thread.)

(I can not transfer data from pc to 1541/plus4 at the moment, so I can't test it.)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024