Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-03-16
14:33:39
 Re: [Wanted] A thread where to ask about missing stuff

@MIK thank you for the hints, anyway as you can see it's not a matter of tape loading here, even because I added the .PRG cases too. I don't really know much about the situations you have described here, must investigate further...after this one which is still quite a complex one wink

@Lavina @Chronos yes, the superior accuracy of plus4emu has been reiterated several times along all those years, nothing new, but I was referring to these results in particular, and that was a guess, as I've written; the inversion of the usual ranking of reliability is actually a paradox to write, in order to increase the interest wink In the very end, the results show that the known ranking has been respected: plus4emu first wink

@Ulysses777 and MIK suuuper thank youuu for your tests, you helped to unveil another little secret fact about the Commodore 16 gaming era. Here's mine too.

And here comes another brick into the entire wall: the Power Pack (Anco) version (dated as minimum 1987 due to the presence of Terra Nova) is actually a fixed version of the Sports 4 version (dated 1986): apart of the BARELY IMPORTANT fact it now works ( grin ) the garbage on the upper left corner in the intro has gone, and the main game too shows some little fixes, like the fixed typo EVEVTS ->EVENTS on the right side of the field compared to the older version.

Unfortunately, the late version introduces another graphic glitch when setting the last flag on the right side, scattering flag's garbage on 4 chars until the flag's animation reduces them to two. If I would have a buck to bet on something, I'd bet on the fact that those $FE graphic glitches are somewhat linked to the crashing bug shown in the earlier version.

plus4emu is once again extremely reliable, YAPE shows me something I don't see on the real machine, and in the bugged version it crashes too early compared to what we've seen on the real machine, but it reproduced a bug and crashed where there's no crash on the real machine, signaling me there was a bug! @Gaia tagging you here, it's much more easy than texting all this to you by other ways wink

Useless to say that our intent is to improve things, no negative or suspect criticism is involved, obviously.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024