Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-03-28
08:33:50
 A Monumental Comeback: Bruce Lee Anniversary Edition!

Bruce Lee Anniversary EditionTCFS is back! (Is there anyone who doesn't know this name? Hmm, indeed there might be; in short: a much-celebrated and very prolific old-school Plus/4 scene developer, most famous for his rewrites of C64 games.) After 29 years, a new "converted" game is here: Bruce Lee Anniversary Edition. A true TCFS-style "conversion": this release is in fact a newly coded game, only using graphics and level design of the original. Considering that the Plus/4 does not have hardware sprites, it is no small achievement that the game is a "pixel-perfect" recreation.

Why Bruce Lee, you might ask? It's ranked high on many C64 top-lists ([1], [2]) with good reason: it's fun :-) The game is also noted for being one the first ones to combine platforming and beat 'em up elements.

You control Bruce Lee, as he collects lanterns, climbs nets, jumps across rooftops and delivers savage flying-kicks to his enemies. Besides the many obstacles and hazards, you must also deal with the black ninja and Yamo, who are constantly on your tail. You can play in the normal one and two player modes (where a second player controls Yamo), but the Plus/4 version also has an additional 3 player mode. Can you fight your way through the evil sorcerer's lair? Go play now!

And finally the cherry on top: check out Retro Sprite Workshop, a new Windows utility by TCFS, developed specifically for this game. It allows anyone to extract sprites or characters from screenshots exported from any emulator. What a birthday gift to us, enjoy!

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-03-28
08:33:50
 Re: A Monumental Comeback: Bruce Lee Anniversary Edition!

Very very VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TCFS!! grin

Posted By

Mad
on 2022-03-28
09:52:45

Wow!! Happy Birthday TCFS!! (Fun game and great conversion!!)

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-03-28
11:49:42

Oh come on, Retro Sprite Workshop is a fantastic tool as addon too! surprised

Posted By

aNdy/Cosine
on 2022-03-28
15:20:32

Wow! Love this game on C64 and a Plus/4 version is so much appreciated and welcome!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-03-28
16:03:36

The 3 player mode is sure to be a hit at parties grin

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2022-03-28
16:10:53

OMG!! This version is so much faithful to the C64 version that I started to play at bedtime, and, without me noticing the passage of time, I reached this level in about 10-15 minutes.

I'm flattered. Gameplay is so smooth, I completely forgot about the absence of hardware sprites. Well done!!!
(The next screen I died. The bad guys always kicked me to the bottom right spot of the climbing wall happy)

Posted By

Lavina
on 2022-03-28
17:26:36

oh wow! A childhood dream come true to see one more TCFS game on our beloved platform

Posted By

MMS
on 2022-03-28
17:29:31

Dear Sirs! (TCFS, Csabo and Chronos)
You all made a great job, the gameplay is very smooth, and very "C64ish". you were able to keep both the starting screen, and the well known music (I think it is even better than the original? Please do not stone me! )

Great achievement! Congrats!

TCFS I wish you a Happy Birthday!

I think we all have a birthday today, just based on the present we got grin

Posted By

dLst
on 2022-03-30
02:39:37

TCFS, Master! Respect and welcome back!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2022-03-30
06:40:38

Great stuff! It was a C64 game back in the day that I used to look at with envy... and now here she comes! happy Thanks! I love the totally fluid and innovative software sprite routine I think this is something we could leverage on in further potential "remakes"/conversions.

Posted By

CN
on 2022-03-30
18:00:57

So much fun, unbelievable and very appreciated effort !

Posted By

Lavina
on 2022-09-25
11:08:21

I guess I was properly warned happy

"The author holds no responsibility for any data- or hair loss caused by this product."

Posted By

Unreal
on 2023-08-20
06:17:05

One of the Best "port" ever!!

Posted By

Murphy
on 2023-10-02
09:59:40

What a surprise to see the source published.

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-10-02
11:05:43

What a source-prise!

Posted By

Ko-Ko
on 2023-10-02
12:58:38

Whoa there! Kudos for sharing the kung fu magic behind the curtains.

Posted By

MMS
on 2024-03-20
15:09:33

I just checked the PCjr version of Bruce Lee, and despite stronger hardware of the PCjr, TCFS, Csabo and Chronos Maestros made our version look and sound better, not to mention the fluid gameplay.

What HW PCjr has? 8088 PCU with 4.77MHz, 128KB RAM, 3 channel TI sound, 320x200x 16 free colors video mode (no concerns about the sprites, no attribute clash). So every aspect of PCjr from the SAME authors should cause it should look better and sound better than the Plus/4 version, but no, just the contary.

Congrats guys!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024