Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-12-31
08:40:50
 Let's Play 2021 Wrap-up

Hello hardcore Plus/4 fans who read the forum on New Year's Eve happy (Although you could be reading this at any time, so that greeting doesn't make much sense. Anyway...)

I mentioned that I would do a wrap-up for Let's Play. Lot's of hopefully interesting statistics for curious minds. Here it is:

Total rounds         :  49
Total plays : 502
Total participants : 53
Avg. plays per round : 10.2

Most popular (by number of participants):
Arkanoid +4 (19 plays)

Most popular non-2021 release (by number of participants):
Egon / Robin to the Rescue (15 plays each)

Least popular (by number of participants):
Super Pipeline (3 plays)

Special thanks to Chronos: most videos made (26 videos!)

Most plays:
gerliczer...49 (Did not miss a single round, thank you happy)
DGS.........46
siz.........34
MMS.........32
Atisoft.....28
Chronos.....27
RoePipi.....25
KiCHY.......24
David360....24
Plus4Punk...20
retroscener.17
Luca........17
Gaia........12
Retroshire..11
MIK.........11

Also played more than once:
Ati, Brazil, C64 Masters, DNC fluiD, George, HoldCore, Mad, Patrick, Rüdiger, Saberman, seff, Skoro, Spektro, TRP, VIPER

One play:
8 & 16 bits Marvel Machines and more, aNdy, BKP, Charlemagne, ConjiComani, cout, dLst, Doug, Holdcore, Ikemitsu, István Bozsik, JimmyCoupe, Lacus, Litwr, Ogrez, Retro Recollections, Retrojuegos, Richard, Rivnyák László Balázs, Salvatore Forenza, Ulysses777, Verona

Wins:
11: Luca (Congrats!)
5: David360
4: Plus4Punk
3: Brazil
2: retroscener, siz
1: Atisoft, DNC fluiD, Doug, Gaia, KiCHY, MIK, RoePipi

Well, the average plays (10 people every round) surprised me quite a bit, and got me thinking that this is something that we should continue. Then I thought, some of the numbers are artificially inflated; let me explain why. When new games like Arkanoid +4 came out, I included people who simply played the game that week and made a YouTube video about it. So those aren't really participants of Let's Play...

Therefore I went to check what the average number would be if I excluded all 2021 releases: 415 plays over 43 rounds, that's still 9.6 participants each time! Not that bad.

At the same time... There are a ton of people whose name I see daily in the visitor list, who did not play a single game, didn't comment or otherwise engage with Let's Play. To get to the point: I ran "Let's Play" for the same reason I keep doing everything else around here: to build the community. It does take a lot of continued effort. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Posted By

George
on 2021-12-31
16:36:49
 Re: Let's Play 2021 Wrap-up

Happy new Year Csabo!

Keep your "Let's Play" event going. Even if i don't play the games so often, i always look at the choice you made for the week. Some games i remember from the 80's, some are new to me.
Its a great idea, and i think it will grow over time.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2022-01-08
17:36:05

Great summary happy I am surprised though how often I participated! It certainly felt like... less happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2022-01-09
06:42:05

Although his modesty did not allow him to mention any of this, it must be said that Csabo too had a perfect attendance record and with 14 victories actually he had the most wins. So the uncrowned champion of 2021's Let's Play is Csabo. Let's give him three cheers.

Posted By

Mad
on 2022-01-09
12:25:24

Congrats! It was big fun to see you guys presenting every bit of these games and to see all the videos here.. A chance to see some games which you guys know well but just where unknown to me, some featuring great techniques andor big fun in play. I tried some of the games, but most of the times failed miserably happy... So congrats to Csabo, Luca and all the many top ones in this challenge! Some of the records seem a bit miraculous, at least to me..

Posted By

MMS
on 2022-01-09
15:10:03

Happy New Year to Everyone!

It was fun to join these challanges, thank you for the idea and the organisation!
I tried my best, and really happy to see thos 32 cases next to my name.
It is a good feeling that I played so many nice 264 series games (and some of them were very good new releases).

Congrats to all the winners and top scores!

Due to some the changes in my life I will try to catch up gerliczer this year! (I warmly congratulate him for his great dedication and engagement!).
I cannot promise new highscores, my skills and reflexes are not so good any more, so I let it done by the professionals. grin

Posted By

Verona
on 2022-01-24
16:12:58

One play? Me? How?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-01-24
17:43:37

I checked again, you're only listed under Arkanoid +4. The Digiloi video was a few days late :-/

I don't see any other submitted scores from you in the Hall of Fame. Did I miss anything? (Apologies in advance if I did.)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024