The stuff is there!!!!!

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-05-13
 Hey

Hey...
Hey-hey...
Heyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey!!!

STUFF? A Csabo somewhere talked about STUFF?
A GERMAN one? A BIGGER one?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-05-13
 Heheh

I know it's nerve-wracking to wait, but Lando has the first right wink But it's there, and the five exclamation marks were well justified, trust me. Have you ever seen me use more than one?

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-05-13
 Wanna die...

Wanna die now, I'd just imagined what I could expect from...

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-05-14
 HEY!

What about my first right?! I also contributed!

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-05-14

The goodies Udo has sent are heading my way now!! Man I have to go to work in an hour so won't beable to have a good look until tonight

Here is the email Udo has sent, also pay close attention to what he said about Summer Events animations! Yet to see them but WOW!

Since the disks are 17 years old and i have no plus4
to run the programs, i can hardly explain how the
programs work.
These are the things i have uploaded:
Graphics.zip
- Graphics Editor with graphics and animations from
Winter Events / Summer Events.
You find a unfinished manual in DOCS. The problem
is the different keyboard layout of the original
plus4 compared to the pc keyboard (YAPE)
Games.zip / Kingsoft.zip
- some game disks
Release.zip
- unpublished DDR versions of Summer Events / Winter Events
Scans.zip
- advertisements / game reviews

The Music Editor did not work with YAPE because i
used an unknown graphic mode
The graphic package contains some animations that
did not make it into the final version of Summer Events:
Archery/Hurdle/Rowing
Unfortunately i haven't found the game i hoped to find:
Kayaking. It contained techniques that were uncommon at
that time (like multi split-screen) and has cost me many
hours of time and lack of sleep. But at the end it was
never finished...
I know you like Tom Thumb and i try to find some things
about it in the future.
But... time is short these days. Please don't hope to hear
from me again soon - sorry. After i finished some important
work i will have another look at my disks and tell you more
about it.
Cheers,
Udo

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-05-14
 Guys.

Its only fair if we let you have Udo's archives as they came. Sure we want to look at it all and then add this most unique stuff to the site but as you may guess it will take time. We want to share the surprise and hear your thoughts aswell, after all this is an amazing event in the history of C16/Plus4 and all thanks to Udo Gertz!! He has been too kind!!

Download: Games.zip 1meg
Download: Graphics.zip 430k
Download: Kingsoft.zip 330k
Download: Release.zip 270k
Download: Scans.zip 10meg

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-05-14
 Lando...

...marry me, wanna son with you happy

In other words: THANKS!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-05-14
 Re: Stuff

There are so many things I want to say, but I'm just too overwhelmed... Can y'all believe this is happening?! Oh... My... God! Unbelievable stuff. Wow, wow, and wow a million more times. I better shut up 'cause I'm just rambling.

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2003-05-14
 Technical Details

What I think would be really interersing is when Udo did find some time in the future to explain from a game developers point of view where they obtained they're technical information from. Like Udo mentions using some unknown graphics mode, were these documented in the developers circle or discovered by him. Do people like Csabo or Attila know about these. That's what I would think would be really interesting to hear about.

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-05-14
 Rowing's animated sprite

Do you've seen it? So BIG! Love it!

BTW, there are lots of games in mint condition, compared to their respective counterpart on our prefer servers...maybe we should replace them.
Plus, there's a disk version of Hyper Sport...

What with those Kingsoft disks? I think we must spread them exactly as they are, at the moment dunno if in a Demos/Kingsoft or a /Misc/Kingsoft folder...
Csabo, I'm waiting for your thoughts...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-05-14
 Kingsoft disks

I don't think they count as actual Kingsoft releases. It's more like Udo put them onto one disk to have them nicely sorted. Taking them apart would be better, because they would all go to the respective programs. (E.g. that Kingsoft Tennis preview is really rare and a cool thing to have.)

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-05-15
 an unknown graphic mode

Hmmm, Udo said that:

> The Music Editor did not work with YAPE because i
> used an unknown graphic mode.

What is that graphic mode?

Posted By

bubis
on 2018-09-05
09:33:23
 and where is it?

And where is that Music Editor? I can't find it.

Update (2018.09.05):

Hi,
Sorry to bring this up again after so many years, but I am still interested. :)

Posted By

George
on 2018-09-05
16:12:34
 Re: Lando!!!!!

Great news from Master Udo himself after all this years!
I have problems with the download links...cannot find the files..

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-06
05:19:59

All those materials have been used and spreaded here at Plus/4 World. Anyway, if someone's interested, I found right that folders' structure still here archived in my PC wink

Posted By

bubis
on 2018-09-06
09:14:12

@Luca: I am interested in the music editor Udo mentioned, couldn't find anywhere on this site.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-06
15:34:31

Unfortunately, there's no music editor in those disks happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-09-07
09:24:46

Wow this topic takes me back, searching for the legendary Udo Gertz! grin

Hard to believe he was around the same age as most of us and still at school when he did games like Tom Thumb and Winter Events ect. And yeah as you can now guess Brigitte was his sister. Udo was king for sharing many of his hidden gems!!!!! (five exclamation marks were well justified) happy

Sort of related and something I've had in mind for a long while now, just needed the right moment to share...
Dan Wood who has made a number of C16/Plus4 videos on Tube did a review of a game called Amiga Racer which was made by a Michael Neitze. Dan says in his video that Mike was a very close friend of Udo and he was also behind some of Udo's games such as Winter Events!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlS-6XCbL9E

Can you remember back in the early days that many of the games I used to upload to the early version of C16/Plus4 ClassiX came from a Michael in Germany. He only ever said his name was Michael and was happy to leave it at that. Putting 2 and 2 together my gut feeling says this Michael Neitze was that very person, who else would have access to hundreds of C16/Plus4 game cracks! Saying that, Michael never had cracks of Winter Events or Summer Events as I got them off Luca at a later date but still... Maybe he didn't want to share such games close to his heart? Makes you wonder.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024