Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-10-23
00:14:49
 New Game: Squirm 16

Squirm 16Tony Kelly wrote several C16 classics, such as Big Mac, Video Meanies and Squirm. The one - perhaps not too well known - fact that connects these is that their C64 counterparts are very different games! Instead of mere ports, each one is a similar but unique game of their own right.

Today, thanks to Gaia you can try out the C64 version of Squirm called Squirm 16! It's a cute action game, coded one year earlier than the one we already know. It's the type of game that doesn't have - or need - a complicated backstory: collect the eggs, avoid the bad guys, pick up the bonuses!

This weekend, you're officially invited: Let's Play Squirm 16!

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2020-10-24
00:15:35
 Re: New Game: Squirm 16

Nice implementation of the classic of the C-64 version, which can also be played smoothly.

Technically, the C-16 version is a little better gameplay because it is also much more difficult in some levels ... even when everything is getting dark ...

@Csabo: is the original code of the C-64 version only 16 KB? And how many screens does this version have? I can't find a scan of the manual for the C-64 version anywhere. By the way, this version can also be found on GB64, but not assigned to Tony Kelly there ... who programmed some other games on the C-64.

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=7285

Thanks to Gaia and Csabo for this great job.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-10-24
02:12:50

RĂ¼diger weird that GameBase64 has currently missed the author's entry for this game, which is signed wih the initials in the lower right corner of the screen, hope they'll add it very soon happy

All my love for this new 16K surprise, guys! Another fantastic release to make this great releases'year even greater! Squirm is one of those C16 classics which I have never been used to, and now there is a great opportunity to get closer to it.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-10-24
07:41:08

The original's code does fit into 16K without any special effort happy The game has 3 screens, and the speed increases every 4 levels.

Yeah, I'd agree that TK learned a thing or two between writing this version of the game in 1984 and the C16 Squirm in 1985 wink

Posted By

Retro Recollections
on 2020-10-24
10:31:50

Wonderful! Another game to review happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024