Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2020-02-23
07:09:47
 LUMYDCTT is leveled up

Dear Commodore Plus/4 Fanatics,

The topic name is not a joke. After a little silence, this is a big step forward in the life of LUMYDCTT (v5.4.5).

In short:

1. LUMYDCTT remembers

• the position and the size of the main window

• the position where you edited files last time

2. Change:

• SharpDevelop to Visual Studio 2019,

• .NET v4.0 to .NET v4.5,

• "lumy_x86.exe" for 32 bit systems and "lumy_x64.exe" for 64 bit systems

3. Improve: file description

• GUID,

• TradeMark,

• Copyright,

• Version: 0.5.4.5,

• etc.

4. Make:

• BASIC and Assembly compiler more stable,

• optimizing the main and subcodes,

• eliminating all warnings (about 80-100),

• correcting naming rule violations

5. Fix:

• labels-bug,

• *-bug,

• last-line-bug,

• D64DirDeep-bug,

• runtime creating-bug

• empty-remark(;)-bug

• calculation-size-bug,

• ZackZack-Pause-bug,

6. New:

• CMAP for Character codes reMAP,

• if-endif to conditional compilation,

• Reverse Polish Notation instead of embedded computation of C#,

• HTML Help System with pictures (for CSS3: need to run as administrator only once),

• command line parameters,

• make dump to report bugs,

• create DATA lines from MONITOR (after selection),

• F5-Compile and run...,

• Print in colour,

• etc.

...and some details:
The last one and a half Month while I was writing the HTML Help System for LUMYDCTT, I was testing my compiler with the free available professional assembly sources of Csabo who is also a professional coder. Well here is my experiences:

LUMYDCTT - Test - Phrase #1

The first test: "vertical bars"
The problem was: "cols DB $FC,$65,$5A,..." (label-bug)

The second test: "scrolling rainbow"
The problem was: "BNE *+4" (*-bug)

The third test: "tune 128"
The problem was:

1. "DB 939 & 255,881 & 255" (logical expression after DB)

2. "LSR a" (What is "a"??? {OK, accumulator, but there is no any "LSR"-syntaxes such like this.} LUMYDCTT recognizes "a" as an address or a variable {no any "a"-variable declaration in the source}, so "LSR a" = "LSR $0000")

3. I had to alter the original source because of "ORG". LUMYDCTT takes the first "ORG"-occurance as the first-two bytes of PRG, so you needn't use any tricks.

The fourth test: "rockstar ate my border"
The problem was:

1. "CMAP "A",$08,$10,$18,$20,..."

2. CMAP 'A',$08,16,%11000,$20,... is the same

(Please have a closer look at the second picture of "rockstar ate my border" (top of the screen), because this program give different result in different emulators. My first think was LUMYDCTT failed again, but no.)

LUMYDCTT - Test - Phrase #2

The fifth test: "matrix 128"
The problem was: the size of "STA ptr2+1" (size-bug: $00 or $0000)

The sixth test: "petscii plasma"
The problem was: "if DEBUG=1"
(you can use: =, !=, <, <=, >, >=, as I mention in the Help System)

The seventh test: "direct mode"
The problem was: no any problem, maybe the same as in "matrix 128"

The eighth test: "digi 64"
The problem was:
"noise1 = $1011"
"n1 = noise1 & 255"
"beat DB b0,n2,n1,b0,..."
(unresolved references)

The ninth test: "digi 128"
The problem was:
"bass DB $B0,$B0,$B1,$B3,$B5,..."
"b = bass & 255"
"test DB b,h,h,h,..."
(unresolved references)

LUMYDCTT - Help System v1.0

Happy coding and keep alive the scene!

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2020-02-15
12:35:45
 Re: LUMYDCTT is leveled up

You made an enormous job here, good sir!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-02-15
14:51:05

Indeed! Also, those programs you mentioned somehow seem familiar. Must be just my imagination though wink

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2020-02-15
18:17:33

Thank you for mentioning me in the credits. You listed some people with their full name, others with only the given name and the initial of the family name and two "mysterious" guys with only a question mark. carrion, Mad, Patrick and SVS have their full names written here in their personal pages. George has his name written in the screenshots of some of his programmes. You should check his music demos. Unfortunately, I can't help with RoePipi's case. However, that question mark looks really silly. If I were you, I'd remove it and simply let that place empty.

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-02-16
09:21:11

Lotta major progress happy!!

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2020-02-23
07:13:39

Sorry for the late reaction, but... ...development is in progress...

UPDATED: LUMYDCTT v5.5.1

1. New:

• Save in Editor by F2,

• Insert lowercase charset, if you press RMB (=Right Mouse Button) on the "Insert CBM characters"-icon,

• Using Hungarian accentuated letters, if you load a Hungarian kernel ROM in your favorite emulator

• HTML Help System with NEW pictures,

• Rewriting some example programs, because of the new coding-theory ("ABC"->"abc")

• File association for ".lumy"-files, after you run LUMYDCTT as an administrator (besides setting FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION=CSS3, etc.)

• PI, a "new" BASIC instruction, because it's easier to write...

2. Change, improve:

• Using italics-style for comments, in "Print in colour..."-function

• "Open"-history with 224 character long files (+path), if the file name and path is longer than 224 character, LUMYDCTT doesn't remember it.

3. Fix:

• Auto10-bug: if "Auto" was on and you saved by typing+enter, LUMYDCTT made a fault,

• RPN (Reverse Polish Notation)-precedence-bug: 4361-4345-1 = 17 -=> (4361-4345)-1 = 15,

• Runtime registry-check-bug: if you move LUMYDCTT into an other folder you should run it as administrator again,

Reflections

KiCHY: I believe I just had a little inspiration myself. In turn, as I see you are also NOT bored to death, because you participate in a lot of projects, such as:
Turbo Rascal - KiCHY

Csabo: Huh, I thought you would be angry with me because of using your free sources... happy Thank you! By the way, I am going to send you some BASIC sources I wrote from a Hungarian book, with scanned pages. I tried to correct the misstyped letters.

gerliczer: You are right as usually of course, BUT: "Respects/Credits/Greetings" is not a stone and I didn't engrave the names as a caveman... happy The name of George, Mad and SVS have already been OK,...
Credits - gerliczer
...but Blinddarm, Carrion, Patrick and RoePipi are still a mystery. OK, maybe I am silly, but I had found their full name NOwhere, I was looking for them in their personal pages, youtube channels, blogs, news, etc. in vain.) So, I don't use question marks in order to hurt anybody. On the other hand if you were NOT me, you wouldn't use question marks and never know what you want to know... happy BTW: Thank you for your assistance.

Mad: Only the creation of the new set of screenshots took me about 4-5 hours... ...without eating, drinking, flushing toilet... ...but sometimes blinking my eyes... happy

LUMYDCTT - Árvíztűrő Tükörfúrógép

Don't Worry Be Coding!

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-02-23
08:14:38

@Charlemagne: sorry to inform you that even this release don't want to install on my system :-/
Tried all the ways.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2020-02-23
14:30:09

Ok, Ok, Ok... I was wrong again... ...because I don't always log in the page... And I see only a part of the names:

Correcting Credits

...but I have already corrected my mistake!

Csabo: Thank you to send me the missing people names and to upload the typed-scanned material.

gerliczer: Thank you to inform me about Georgios Patsos. (and question marks are now eliminated)

SVS: Oh, this is not a good news. I am very sure you will be happy this time. Have you got any screenshot about this problem, or it is the same as before?

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-02-24
09:53:23

@Charlemagne: the same of before, sorry.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-02-24
13:33:14

Thank you for mentioning me!

Unfortunately this tool's capabilities are already beyond my humble programming skills.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2020-02-29
08:36:31

UPDATED AGAIN: LUMYDCTT v5.5.3

LUMYDCTT - D64 Navigator - Árvíztűrő Tükörfúrógép

SVS: Have you already tried VirtualBox? (https://www.virtualbox.org/) I managed to run LUMYDCTT on Windows 7 and Windows Vista with the help of VirtualBox.

MMS: Not at all! You always exaggerate... ...and a little bit unmindful of Bach and Mozart... happy

UPDATED AGAIN: LUMYDCTT v5.5.5

+ Bug Tracer: "Char Code Error" shows you which line of your program caused a faulire
+ Editor: column and row number of the current cursor position in the status bar

LUMYDCTT - Bug Tracer: CharCodeError- Editor: Column & Row

Yes, this is the adventure what Csabo, Luca and Patrick were talking about.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024