Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-05-11
00:53:27
 HVTC Update May 2015

It's springtime, and once again May is the month when High Voltage TED Collection, aka HVTC, improves with its traditional update! And the timing is pretty perfect: we really have the need to close this HVTC release, in prospect of the first bunch of tunes composed with the brand new tool Knaecketraecker.

426 single files overall means a +36 files compared to the previous. These new ones come from very different sources, either from the newer productions (like Csabo's tunes from Xplode Man, or the prize winning Rocket Science OST composed by Degauss) and from obscure ancient releases (the surprising player from Master Mind (ICE), or some unassigned tunes found in The Super-Writer).
Various fixes have also been applied, some tunes composed by Ern0 now have their right name, some game tunes have been renamed in order to allow the adding of new related files (Rockman, Ürpók), and some other have got a better playable file (TED Storm, Trouble For Bubble).

Don't forget to completely delete the whole previous collection (that's the way to do at any new update!), then download/unzip the new one!
This is the straight link to the ZIP file.

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2015-05-12
00:54:15
 Re: HVTC Update May 2015

You are the man, Luca. I like HVTC. Unfortunately, I did not listen to it recently. By the way, do all the tunes supposed to play in Gaia's TedPlay? If yes, what could cause it that for me quite a few plays only silence?

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-05-12
02:22:46

Thank you gerliczer! happy

The files with the player in are supposed to play mainly on any complete emulator, waiting for a general format which would allow, between other features, a sort of indexing for multitunes files. The files which doesn't produce any sound in TEDplay simply are awaiting for you pressing some keys in a menu or so, test'em on YAPE and you'll see by yourself wink
As an example: I've changed this file containing the 8 tunes from 4Mat's TED Storm demo, and now it asks for a key since the beginning; TEDplay surely doesn't allow to press keys... wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-05-13
07:08:30

From here in advance, it will be quite difficult to spot out further tunes (no BASIC you know) I've missed. I've just caught Torpedo Run and, weird, I was almost sure I did it, so please: alert me if you get some unmarked ones.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-05-13
14:49:19

Off the top of my head because I played it very recently...
Skelby has a title tune, and it also plays a little jingle if you hit a grave stone cross. The title tune it's self is well known to us C16/Plus4 fans, and the world over... It's called the Can-can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can-can

and your already thinking it..., yes the game Leaper also has a version of the Can-can on the title screen. wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2015-05-14
02:21:03

Guys, unofficially ( wink ) tedplay also supports the PSID format for TED tunes, so in case someone's familiar with that, there is nothing that can stop you... happy

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/LALA/Audio-SID-3.11/SID_file_format.txt

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-05-14
03:22:56

Gaia, I expect great improvements in the near future about TEDplay wink

MIK, yes, that's the Offenbach's "Infernal Galop" from "Orpheus in the Underworld". Thank you for your suggest, unfortunately all the sound in Skelby runs in BASIC :/ Keep alerting about! wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-05-14
16:19:27

Ah shame, never would of guessed there was BASIC code behind the game as it plays nice enough.

Edit: One Man And His Droid, has a very strange yet oddly catchy jingle that plays every now and then.

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-05-14
18:33:03

Very well spotted MIK! One Man And His Droid just added wink

EDIT: hacking the title tune + sfx from Torpedo Run has been the hardest task as now! Added btw!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024