Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-16
01:55:50
 Re: Gamepad modification

Obviously flight sims always use more keys but that's expected such as ACE for C16 & Ace +4, and then there is Thrust, Mercenary and so on but these don't count as it's more the arcade style games we are after... happy

Hard to think what arcade style games might use the keyboard as well as joystick when playing in-game on C16/Plus4. Top of my head is Phantom, uses Space to clear the screen if you have picked up an ectoblaster. Quality title!!
Your better off playing the first Jet Set Willy on keys for our system as there is a glitchy bug when the character walks which doesn't show up as bad when using keys, using joystick slows this game down so it shows up more.
Molecule Man says in the instructions it supports joystick, but was officially keys only. This was a shame back in the day as it's a fantastic title for our system that's never been played properly by most of us because of that! Was wicked to see such a C64 game on C16/Plus4 back in the day though!!
One of my favs, Myriad, uses Space.

I'm cheating now and looking at the covers and the letter "A", worth a mention any way even if it's not what we are looking for...
Aliens keys only.
Arena 3000 allows 2 joysticks when playing solo. happy

OFF TOPIC:
A lot of games on C64 use Space bar and many other keys such as the F-keys and SHIFT ect..., but one game on C64 I know requires 3 buttons so the keyboard has to be used making it a bit difficult to play. That game is NARC.

NARC uses 2 keys on the keyboard as well as FIRE, and another 2 on the keyboard if played in 2 player. Some people don't like NARC for that very reason. If you can get a stick stuck down to the table with fire button on the thumb or trigger finger then that would free up the other hand for pressing keys. Some people are not that clever to think of that and may of missed out. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024