Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-12-15
02:05:22
 There Is No 16K Only Support

The FrogA little gift from Germany! Inspired by our famous forum thread, angelsoft did some programming and sent us 3 new versions of his games. Each new one runs just fine on stock C16 machines. Diabolo is the first one, it replaces the old Plus/4 only executable. For Pilot X, there's a new loading screen and the game autostarts (it has to be loaded with ,8,1). Last but certainly not least The Frog, which made the news recently (and was rated nicely) is now also available for Commodore 16 gamers! The new version sports a nice loading screen and has also one change in the gameplay: the levels will now progressively get harder.

Check it out and enjoy! Big thanks to Jens for these, and remember, there is no 16 only support ;-) (Or is there?)

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-12-16
02:05:22
 Re: There Is No 16K Only Support

angelsoft's activity on C16/Plus4 is the greatest surprise in the scene in 2013! Played Pilot X so much in the 80ies, now I hope to see more and more from him in the near future!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-12-16
18:08:07

Agreed! Well, don't know if it's the "greatest" surprise, but certainly a welcome one. It's been a good year so far, eh? happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2013-12-16
20:44:17

A more than decent Frogger clone for the C16? Fantastic. No more just putting up with Hoppit anymore happy

I've been playing it on Yape before I transfer it to my sd2iec. I don't know if it's just me, maybe I have a setting wrong somewhere but the frog seems to hop two places instead of one (as it should be) which makes the game too unnecessarily unfair, which is a real shame if that's really the case.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-12-16
21:10:11

Strange, I haven't seen any problems (on YAPE anyway, and I think that's what you're saying as well). When does that "double jump" happen? Going up/down or sideways? Or in either case?

Posted By

retroscener
on 2013-12-16
21:43:29

Hmmm, well the problems happens to me in Yape (64bit version) where it happens in all 4 directions. But I've just tried it in Vice and it works as it should. I'm pretty sure my Yape settings are correct.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2013-12-17
02:41:31

this frogger clone is marvelous! nice'n'smooth sprites, fluid gameplay! congrats!

Posted By

angelsoft
on 2013-12-17
12:24:38

Nice to hear that you like playing the frog. It was just fun coding it. (..ok, the sprite thing was a bit tricky but anyway...)
@Sixteen Plus: I've just tested it on my YAPE installation (version 1.0.2) using DirectInput - positional keymap with Cursor Keys and Numpad but I could not produce a double jump.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2013-12-17
16:40:52

Anything else but DirectInput is not recommended for games happy Such an amazing game by the way...! Really really happy to see it.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024