Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-07
16:27:14
 Incoming TAPs And Other Previosly Missing Ones

BridgeheadSaboteur!The MirrorContributors FTW!! This community simply shine, when we call and you promptly react!
You all know we tagged all the know-but-missing stuff with the "WANTED" word in the notes, in order to have an easy searching for anyone that can help us in feeding our/your prefer archive. Well, our little advice in the forum has been enough for MIK to push him in a loooong session of tapes dumping and covers scanning. And this is the fantastic result he got!

Finally, we've got tapes of: Chopper War, Corman, Fire Ant (no fastload), Heebie Jeebies, Invaders (no fastload), Jet Set Willy II, Ping Pong, Pizza Pete, Raider, Skelby, Slippery Sid, Space Sweep (no fastload), Sqij, The Mirror, The Wizard And The Princess, Williamsburg (Adventure 3) and the famous broken version of Xargon's Revenge re-released on Omnibus II compilation!
And we've got several covers too, some fresh new, some replacements as better ones: Bridgehead, Saboteur!, The Mirror, Mercenary - Escape From Targ (disk version's back cover), Cassette Database. To these ones from MIK, we've added a rare view of the Learner Pack Software box.

Plus GraphSurprises are not over! gc841, alias Gary Cooper (his Sabre Wulf conversion has just been reviewed, see the forum!) did a great work to spread worldwide a rare gem: Plus Graph by David W. Johnson, released in Christmas 1984 both as a standalone utility and as an integration to the Plus/4 3-Plus-1 software!
Thanks to Gary, now we have the disk, the additional material and the whole manual for it!

Let's complete this big giveaway with these two further publications. It's C16 Chris's turn to contribute, with new covers and the whole manual for Company Pac 123 as PDF. And last, courtesy of DLH's Commodore Archive, here comes the extra paper from "Your Commodore" issue 50 entirely dedicated to the C16/Plus4, as PDF again: C16 And Plus/4 Essential Guide.

Hey, absolutely don't believe all this boon would quench our thirst! We're still waiting for your own contribute! Search the WANTED tag, then scan dump copy and finally send to us! ;)

Posted By

SVS
on 2013-05-08
16:27:14
 Re: Incoming TAPs And Other Previosly Missing Ones

Plus4graph! As you know I'm a fan of 3+1 SW. I've never considered it a little piece like many people thinks. It is limited only because of the small room and the wanted (good) integration between WP and Spreadsheet.
After the long waited 3+1 extra, this Plus4graph is the perfect missing completion.
THANK YOU!

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-08
19:39:43

Yes, gc841 has found a rare gem for surehappy

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-05-09
04:02:05

Not that anyone will use it but those instructions I scanned for The Mirror have not been added for some reasons... The reverse of the cover is blank.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-09
07:56:03

Uh, uploaded but not attached, fixed thanks happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2013-05-16
14:04:39

It seems that the PlusGraph D64 image is damaged (or more probably the original disk was protected).
Is there a chance Gary can send a better copy?
I'm feeling like 25 years ago when I was exploring the 3+1. Very nice!! Thank you.

Posted By

gc841
on 2013-05-17
04:21:47

I think you're right that it's copy protection. I ran some examples using the original disk which seemed fine. I'll look at this over the weekend.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-17
05:32:37

I suggest nibtools, sixpack tools and so on...

Posted By

gc841
on 2013-05-17
16:01:31

Thanks Luca, I tried using nibtools but have got errors when running nibread:

Failed port transfer test. Check cabling.
Floppy drive initialization failed.

Resetting drive...
Cleaning up...

My 1541-II to pc(XP) cable is an XM1541, but from reading nibtools instructions a 'P' type cable is required. Any suggestions? I only have one disk drive.

Posted By

SVS
on 2013-05-18
07:47:35

Pals, is there anybody so kind to temporary give a XP1541 cable to gc841? (Pleeeze! His work is valuable - Thanx)

PS- BTW here is a very welldone document about disk protections:
http://markus.brenner.de/binary/vcf3.pdf
by Marcus of course.

Posted By

gc841
on 2013-05-18
10:44:07

I've run the first example in the manual using the copied D64, it worked fine. SVS, could you let me know what isn't working, I just want to be sure that it is a copy protection problem before we go any further, thanks.

Posted By

SVS
on 2013-05-18
12:44:16

@gc841: a problem appears when you save a file. For example load file 1.prg then save it as "2.prg": directory will be messed.

Other info:
I've examined the dir' structure: first block (track 12; sector 1) is linked to block 1/13 (track 1; sector 13). When fixed Plusgraph does not work any more.
Over the disk map, sectors 21/15, 22/10, 22/9, 22/6 are detected having error #23.
StarCommander shows a warning on directory read (error #25) even if it reads it.
Hoping to have helped.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024