Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-11-15
07:10:17
 Re: crackers demo 5

gerliczer: eh yes, the hypotetic rules were quite strict, I've said that in advance. And yes, the so-called "decent quality standars" would have been valued by the organizers, and in case a demopart would have been below those ephemeral standars, it should have been asked to the author to improve it.

All this hasn't been hypotized because we are bad mannered people happy All the strictness would have been pointed toward two objectives: high homogeneity+quality, and big help for the organizers and their lifetime to be preserved. Let's see what I would mean, taking in Crackers' Demo 4 as specimen.

- high omogeneity+quality:
we all love Crackers' Demo 4, so many cool guys joined in to make it bigger like we've seen, and, like Lavina has pointed out, that's the shape a Crackers' Demo should have; nonetheless, this formula shows two flaws: first, the parts take too much time, ending in a terribly long and slow demo; second, it looks like discontinuous in some points (TED and SID music for example) with the only loader to look like a connecting line.
Me and Ingo have suggested some harder achievements for CD5, which might be valued good or not by others, like trackmo, personal loading effect and more. As Ingo first, and me soon after, pointed out, that was an attempt to build up a different idea, no one wanna force his personal view, and both me and him would join any other organized coopdemo happy
- help the organizers:
by direct and multiple experience, the more fun you get from organizing a coopdemo, the more time you burn out in order to achieve it; strict rules are for leave the organizers to organize (plus their own parts, if they take part too!); look at Crackers' Demo 4 or 8 Shades Of Black and count how many addons we put in, even in other sceners'parts; and now, try to sum up all the lavished additional time we didn't count into because unexpected. Strict rules were for better organizing, not because we like "childish-messiahing" around grin

I'm very happy to see there are opinions about the thread Ati started, this is a sort of richness in this little scene! We proposed our idea and it doesn't seem to work for anybody; now, I wish another view of CD5 will come, from someone which of course propose it and manage it too (otherwise we babble on this), because I'll take part for sure. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024