Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-12-23
18:16:44
 On the heels of the Pets Rescue...

On the heels of the Pets Rescue and Alpharay loader, BSZ brings you all an SD2IEC loader for Lykia!

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-23
18:48:29
 Re: On the heels of the Pets Rescue...

This loader was a bit trickier than the previous ones, because it has several disks, some of which can be started separately. Because of this, you have been given a small menu of choices:

The requested disk can be selected by pressing the appropriate key. There are 3 versions of the loader: one for the C64, and the other two for plus/4 with TED sound and with SID sound.

Of course - like the previous two loaders - it's a full version: it also works the game state saving.

By the way, something that hasn't happened in more than 20 years, I played this game all the way through! happy (Had to try, hey! grin) Excellent game, thank you Stefan!

Posted By

Mad
on 2024-02-19
03:48:32

Finally it's released! Congrats!!!

Posted By

George
on 2024-02-19
04:07:03

Great achievement! Thank you guys happy

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-02-20
16:58:35

@George: The SD2IEC drive microcontroller replacement was successful? happy Or have you tried it with another drive?

Posted By

George
on 2024-02-20
22:50:21

@BSZ Yes it was. But it does not work with this version of Lykia. Unfortunately

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-02-21
16:14:49

@George: What does "not working" mean? I just tried all three versions and they all work.

But I think we have to start at the very beginning. Please download this program: SD2IEC VCPU Detector Then copy the program for the appropriate platform from the package to the sd card. Then load it and start it with the RUN command. The program will print one or two screens of information. Please take a picture of the first screen and show it! Thanks!

(By the way, the linked test is the first of the test programs, I just made a separate package from it, because all debugging starts with it. Thank you Csabo for making it available so quickly!)

Posted By

George
on 2024-02-21
17:53:49

@BSZ Good news, i managed to load the basic sd2iec version. I don't have vcpu support.

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-02-21
18:12:44

Is this the replaced new microcontroller? It appears to be the 64K program memory version (at least that's the program it contains). However, this is an old firmware, sad the new ones also return the exact type of hardware. Unfortunately, this was again not revealed, eh. Could it contain the bootloader? Have you tried upgrading the firmware? (The current FlexSD fw works with a 644 microcontroller, but the exact hardware type is important.)

Posted By

George
on 2024-02-21
18:24:19

Yes. This the new one and thats the version i got.No bootloader. I could try to upgrade it but as i wrote before, the TED version program loads. Is an upgrade recommended?

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-02-22
16:10:00

@George: I probably misunderstood the other thread about this...

But: did you have an m32 microcontroller version that the manufacturer replaced for you with this m644? And all this with older firmware, plus doesn't it include the bootloader for the upgrade? Nice! happy

It's possible that this is because it's not the (any) usual hardware, just the manufacturer has modified the firmware to work with it. However, if this is the case, I am afraid I cannot suggest a solution from afar. sad

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2024-02-22
16:48:26

Great job @BSZ, seems to be working fine here! Loading at least, I haven't tried to save yet happy.

@George: So you got an ATmega644 with no bootloader? You should have got an ATmega1284 with a bootloader! This way you're stuck again, no (easy) upgrade possible, unfortunately sad. And this is no good news, since you appear to have V 0.10.3 which was released on 2012-02-26, i.e.: 12 years ago!

@Csabo or @Luca: Can you please check the Lykia download links? The "Final version (old ending)" actually seems to link to the Free version. Is that correct?

Posted By

George
on 2024-02-22
20:52:28

Thank you for the analysis friends.
Since the upgrade was free (apart from the parts), and it loads all things so far, i am ok with it happy
Maybe i can try a softwareupgrade myself one day.
The alternative was to buy or built a new drive.

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-02-25
17:25:15

@SukkoPera: Good news! You have to play a little to save! grin (I think the download link is fine: the free versions are the downloadable versions, but the game is no different from the commercial version.)

@George: Another alternative is to find someone close to you who can program the chip. But you will also need the exact type of hardware, of course.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024