Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-03-26
11:10:45
 Re: Elite +4: Circle Closes

Oooh well done Csabo, Time And Magik collection includes that gem represented by the remake of Red Moon in bitmap graphics, and I played that adventure for sooo long.

Yes, I'm not the big text adventures' fan you can imagine, but I'm used to play'em all (the adventures ported by KiCHY? I missed zero of those, few were awful, some were interesting, some were great, all were driven by KiCHY's passion for the machine. That's why I voted for all of those releases – side note: VOTE FOR ANYTHING! grin
For example, I loved The Curse Of Rabenstein, which is short, easy and fascinating. I proudly solved it within few hours and then I added my solution... Which has been cringingly "stolen" by the crackers of ROLE on C64 (read here the embarassing chitchatting with them).

Just like Lavina I'd lost too into Elite +4, and my historical play is still here stored as a .fre file and saved everywhere, to be played occasionally when the inspiration comes. Even though I've snitched in the code to count how enemies are missing to become ELITE... And I am lightyears distant yet sad Spoiler: is always super fun, and any single trip across the galaxy is a new story to be written!

@Pigmy I recognise and value the effort you're having talking about personal facts of your past, involving choices you did for life, and this lets me open myself too, after all those years, to expose a tiny slice of my story too happy
Probably almost no one in these years knows (Degauss yes, probably) that I have deliberately turned down the career which my titles allowed me to begin, literally in order to save free time and low responsibilities, to follow my passions and hobbies, setting my social position in a below-average personal economy. And you know that the Plus/4, as it represents a heavy part of both my youth and present life, is the reason #1 for sure grin Nowadays I understand that this kind of choice has been possible only due the fact I live in Italy, where Care System is public and a somewhat "non-vertical economy" doesn't "punish" you if you don't point toward a growing career. I thank the God of Retro Gaming Laziness every morning to make me do this holy choice! grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024