Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-06-18
12:32:31
 Stop The Express!

Stop The ExpressWe have a new game for you today called Stop The Express! The game is somewhat similar to Loco-Coco, but the name itself is a dead giveaway: your task is... to stop the express :-) You must make your way to the front of the train and reach the engine. You can pick up snake birds, and chuck them at the train gang. Watch the demo gameplay to see all the tactics you can use.

The game exists on C64 and ZX Spectrum as well, but the +4 version has some new additions: completely re-balanced levels, additional train designs, a new title screen (thanks to Chronos!) and title music. Enjoy!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2021-06-18
12:32:31
 Re: Stop The Express!

Surprisingly this is THE GAME of the weekend! so, play and share your good and the bad about it! pls!

Posted By

Retro Recollections
on 2021-06-18
14:28:20

I’m looking forward to playing this, looks great!

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-06-19
02:20:59

The entry reports it as a plain conversion, but it's actually more than that! It's the first emulator supporting game due the inclusion of TED+SID+AY sound at once, compared to the well known original version on X1 it has better commands, imrpoved difficulti ramp, fixed graphics and more!

Stop The Express is a cult game for the 8bit machines, representing the main historical attempt of the early Japanese software industry to enter the foreign market avoiding 3rd parts, the game design is arcade perfect and the whole game plays immediately silky. This is that kind of game to be easily defined as: crunchy. Congrats, well done Csabo and Chronos!

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-06-20
00:27:22

Nice game. The tutorial is very nice to look at, seems all parts are polished but I didn't got very far, yet.

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-06-20
06:03:01

Very nice release, thank you guys!
Really hard game, I could reach only 1150. sad But with practice I will be the master happy

Two questions:
-I used with YAPE1.2.0, but hardly noticed difference in the music, it was still TED.
-I have to congratulate the musician of the startup music, TED really shines here. But I could not find the credits happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-06-20
07:43:12

You can find the music credits in the HVTC entry wink

Getting the AY + TED integration took some effort, so big thanks again to BKP and Gaia. I'm not sure about the release schedule, but there's already a new version of YAPE in the works that has improvements this area.

Posted By

George
on 2021-06-20
08:35:10

Really tough. I tried but I could make a single point. happy

Posted By

Retro Recollections
on 2021-06-20
09:11:59

I have made a short video on the game, currently early access to patrons but will be public soon.

I am using a MiSTer to play and enabling SID 8950 gave me strange sounds (you can here it on the video).

The game itself and the TED music is fantastic though! Great job.

Posted By

zbyti
on 2021-06-21
04:57:22

Nice to see that one on C+4!

Posted By

szp
on 2021-06-27
02:05:55

Nagyon jó játék! Kipróbáltam. Nagyon jó grafika, nagyon jó zene (a 10 éves fiam is felismerte), nagyon jó játékmenet, nagyon rossz irányítás (C16 billentyűet). Nem lehetne legalább konfigurálhatóvát tenni?

Really cool game. I have tried it. Excellent graphic, excellent music (famus hungarian song), excellent gameplay, but really bad control (for me, on C16 keyboard). Should be worth to making configurable control.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2021-06-27
06:45:07

na, ennek orulok! joy-jal megy amugy, de ha megirod h szerinted mi lenne a franko billentyuzet kiosztas, akkor csinalunk belole egy olyan verziot is!

Posted By

szp
on 2021-07-01
04:00:51

Még nyomogatnom kell hogy tudjak valami jót javasolni. Ha már ennyi gomb van, jó lenne valami PC-s ASDW(QEYXC) 9-es forma amit 1 kézzel lehet jól irányítani, de a legjobb az lenne ha át lehetne konfigurálni a billentyűket (bár értem hogy ha nincs mentés akkor macera mindig újra konfigolni).
... esetleg balkéz mozgás, jobb kéz ugrás guggolás. A joystickem sajnos már nincs meg sad

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024