Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2021-01-08
14:53:39
 Re: Adding a new cartridge to VICE's Plus/4 emulation

Some remarks.

I checked your project page. To my best knowledge, there was never a Magic Desk Cartridge for the 264 series machines, therefore there's nothing to be compatible with. Unless it is necessary for some reason to design it differently I'd suggest to use the $FDFE address for Banking Control as that is already "reserved" for such a thing.

There's no need to add a Reset Button to the 264 compatible cartridge design as there's such a button on the machines and it probably wouldn't work on the board as the /Reset signal is buffered, IIRC.

If your ROM content won't try extending the system seamlessly then there seems no problem with that kind of start-up code. Otherwise I'd suggest studying either the built-in 3-Plus-1 software initiation or the Octasoft Basic 7.0 Cartridge's operation.

That SDL YAPE should be quite good as it is the base of the online emulation used here and there in this site for example to play games. But you should contact Gaia for further information. Besides YAPE, there's another excellent emulator called plus4emu which is an open source portable software, has Linux, Windows and in some builds maybe ever MacOS distributions. You can find it on github: https://github.com/istvan-v/plus4emu.

Also, you should register here so you could write longer posts. Luca will surely help with that.

And I think there are at least a handful of people here who could help you with programming these machines.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024