Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Basman
on 2020-12-16
12:31:39
 Novaload with bitmap loading screen

Hello, do you know any tape game that came with Novaload and a bitmap loading screen? I'm talking original games from the 80's / 90's. I'm also looking for other features such as countdowns and music.
I found some games with loading screens, but I think they are text based, sometimes with custom charsets.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-12-16
14:28:29
 Re: Novaload with bitmap loading screen

Mmmh, guess none of the Novaload tapes had this feature, that's the reason why I had to put some additional code for the tape version of Daley Thompson's Star Events +2FG!.

Posted By

Basman
on 2020-12-16
15:42:54

Thanks Luca!

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2020-12-18
05:40:02

Yes, there is one: Spy vs Spy from Tynesoft 1987. There, however, after a short loader, the bitmap is switched to. (And then the screen is also switched off so that you cannot see the graphic being overwritten again.) And unfortunately Tynesoft has not converted the colors of the loading screen properly?

Luca - no criticism of your work, but at Daley Thompson's Star Events + 2FG! you should have switched off the screen when reloading (?).

There is also Sun Star, which has a bitmap loading screen, but it is only displayed shortly after loading. And there is no Novaload used there, but a modified version of the Turbo Tape. The same applies to Splitz, but there without Fastload.

And I mean, there were also nice bitmap loading screens in a few Hungarian original cassettes, does anyone have more information?

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-12-17
12:23:24

Rüdiger: wooow :O Nice pick, I completely removed Spy Vs Spy, that's actually Novaload with bitmap screen, well spotted indeed! Actually, it loads a first code in $1000, which activates another loader after having set the screen to bitmap, using the same unchanged Novaload code.
The rest, well I discarded any other loader which isn't Novaload (he asked expressely for Novaload, so...), otherwise I would have cited Terra Nova since the beginning (loved that tape loading since the first time I've seen it!).

About Daley Thompson's Star Events + 2FG!, keeping it onscreen while the main part is loading is *exactly* what I wanted to have in the end wink

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2020-12-18
05:52:58

I thought this was about bitmap loading screens.

Luca - your work is very good. But I think you should turn off the screen as soon as the graphic data is overwritten again.

And Terra Nova unfortunately doesn't have a bitmap graphic, but a defined character set for the loading intro screen. (And as nice as the graphics are there, the game is absolutely unplayable, regardless of whether it is a C-16 or Plus/4 version!)

And I don't understand why one only refers to Novaload with such bitmap loading screens, because Novaload is certainly not the fastest fastloader.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-12-18
06:19:22

Errr... Basman is referring to Novaload because he's actually improving his Novaload PC tool grin

Terra Nova Plus/4 version keeps open the bitmap from the intro. About my DT crack, yes I understood since your first citation it was your opinion, of course I respect it and let me thank you to have checked that TAP file happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024