Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-24
09:05:00
 New Working Controls For Castle Master

Castle Master +3DF! [PAL/NTSC]Castle Master has been converted on Plus/4 by TGMS in late 1992, and it has promptly indicated as another new big homebrew conversion from him, in the days when he was the man on fire. Unfortunately, both keyboard and joystick commands suffer due several bugs when trying to move in the game's 3D space or trying to point the sight cross , in the end lowering the overall experience.

After "only" 27 years, it's been Luca/FIRE who undertook the task to fix the controls of a fantastioc game which truly deserves to be played in full comfort: Castle Master +3DF! [PAL/NTSC] is a +3 trained version expressely released to definitely fix the controls, repair the original intro bitmap and add one more of it, making it 100% NTSC compatible too. As a touching feature, the included docs have some fresh words from the Plus/4 author himself.

This release is dedicated to Jason Kelk aka TMR, our hearts fly to him, out thoughts won't leave him alone. Forza, bud!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2020-09-25
09:05:00
 Re: New Working Controls For Castle Master

Hi Luca,

Congratulations for the improved version of this nice freescape game. It is a touching and very heart-warming consideration dedicating the release to our ailing friend, Jason. BTW, fight Jason! Best wishes to you, mate.

However, something seems not quite right with the Emscripten compiled online YAPE. It crashes in the crack intro in both my old FF and recent Vivaldi. Cheers Gaia, I'm sorry to spoil your day.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-25
10:07:02

gerliczer: thank you for your kind words (and forza! TMR!), I had care to include just the trainers which allow the player to play the whole game with no obstacles till the end, and I'm gonna add the other ones which take suddenly to the end, right now as cheats here at Plus/4 World.

And thank you for give to me the chance to say that Gaia has been alerted yesterday about the bug you saw, that he got success in recompiling the Javascript YAPE, and that the bug has gone wink So, just the time to allow Csabo to update the program wink

EDIT: ok, try it again ;)

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-27
08:23:28

Csabo found a slip in my use of Exomizer that crashes the program in some of the decompression steps if you constantly hold down the space bar, so the file has changed. Reminder: close your irqs first, or tell Exomizer to close them for you! wink

Posted By

Batman_
on 2020-09-27
09:37:19

At last. I waiting 27 years for this.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-27
09:42:21

Batman_: ...seriously? :o Do you have a story about that to tell us?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024