Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

the777
on 2020-02-06
10:30:53
 corruption text adventure game not working

ive tried 2 different emulators, vice and yape and 3 different disk images. vice crashes half way through loading and yape loads it but it crashes after you type a few commands. no sure whats going on here. ive also tried different drive types in yape. even the online version doesnt work

Posted By

Chronos
on 2020-02-06
10:35:06
 Re: corruption text adventure game not working

I tried in yape 1.1.6, and after a few commands it shows "Disk Error b" so it seems the image is buggy (or Csory's copy protection kills the emulator, who knows?)

Posted By

the777
on 2020-02-06
10:46:46

any way around the copy protection problem? if thats what it is

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-02-06
19:07:17

or the emulator kills Csory copy protection? happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-02-06
21:53:37

To me it looks like we just have a corrupted D64 file. If you type "n" in the game as the first command, you go north, and the picture that's loaded is garbled. That's no copy protection - it's just broken.

I tried the second disk from the C64 version, but no dice.

I guess everyone who has a copy of this game should check their archives if they can find a good copy...

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-02-07
02:12:50

Tested all the versions I have, same sad results Note that those disks are all imported copies, maybe Hungarian friends have some direct copies to check...

EDIT: checked Moldi's archive too, he got worse copies of the game, bad copied with tracks' errors :(

Posted By

The Balrog
on 2020-02-07
05:41:38

The only working version I have is a 'cracked' copy of the C64 version but perhaps Chronos or somebody else could convert that to the Plus4 format ... have tested it and there are no scrambled screens when going North.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lbJUSj40e4wRKPuJNef9aJavkUm3kTvi

Posted By

George
on 2020-02-07
05:46:32

Chris Snowden claims to have all commercial games. Maybe he can help out..

Posted By

siz
on 2020-02-07
06:16:02

That's cool. But this one is not a commercial one, it's an unofficial conversion from C64.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-02-07
06:24:47

Side question: Jinxter runs on 1551 only, otherwise the same disk error occurs, whereas Fish! works neat on any drive; is Corruption a 1551 only release or does exist a copy of Jinxter working on 1541 too? Reminder: we're still searching for a working Bard's Tale copy too...

Posted By

Lavina
on 2020-02-07
07:21:20

As I see there are many proggies coming from csory that are missing. Have we ever tried contacting him about these? I can not see any contact info for him in the database... Unfortunately his real name is too common, on top of everything.

In the mail archive back in 1998 he asked for help to transfer his programs to PC. He also spoke about the missing Dragonwars! He also mentions bugs in BT 2 and 3.

Anyone knows anything about Csory? We need to find him ASAP.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024