14:27:07
 Re: New feature of LUMYDCTT: (Music) ZackZack

LUMYDCTT v3.0.5
- Correct frequency values via "Ultimate Map" by SVS
- You can also use "DO-RE-MI" as sound notes: eg. RE#4 is D#4 on the 4th octave
- A new sub-feature for ZackZack: "Insert sound notes" by a "Synthesizer"
- You can use mouse and/or keyboard in "Synthesizer"
- The delay is how long you hold down a key or the mouse button

Huh and WoW, what a flood of opinions... Well, let's start from the beginning, turn and turn away:

1.: MMS, AVAST is a virus, I know! happy Formerly, I used to try some antivirus softwares, in the end I had used Avira for about half a year because it seemed the best, not holding in performance, etc. But I also uninstalled it after detecting a virus in Turbo Vision 4 BASIC... as "TR/Agent.53475.A" Trojan: I tried to guess where was this virus and in the end turned out that was the TANgent function in Math header, so I replaced TAN with SIN/COS in vain... IMHO antiviruses are thimblerigging... happy ...what your AVAST has found in LUMYDCTT is only a false warning because of AVAST thinks about an application using threads (playing sound pattern) is a virus... Nowadays I have only used the embedded antivirus called Windows Defender for years and I have no any problems.

2.: MIK and MMS and CDEFGAB: thanks the new notion as you can see the pictures above I was developing something like that, you can use DRFTGHUJIKOL and SPACE keys (or mouse), you can change octave with up-and-down arrow keys (or mouse), you can change channel if you click on another column in the sound pattern.

3.: bubis, I also like command line work because I like developing under Linux and AmigaOS4.1, too. But at work people usually use Windows and LUMYDCTT is a standalone application, so it runs easily without installing. I tried it at school (on Windows 10) and the pupils like composing some noise... happy

4.: KiCHY, yes, this performance burnt into my mind when I was a child.

5.: MMS again. WoW you are the most active tester for LUMYDCTT happy I am very curious to hear your tune! What is your opinion about a composer-competition???

5a) You are very clever and I see you managed to discover how the thinking buttons are working... happy Yes, when you change tab (Editor/Monitor/CharPlan/ZackZack) the thinking buttons are dynamically change their functions.

5b) pokayoke, what a funny Japanese expression! LUMYDCTT can't speak Japanese! happy

5c) We learnt sol-fa at elementary school but at the secondary school I only copied some sheet music and learnt composers' biographies for the better mark... happy BUT for example I made "O SOLE MIO" in the Castaway!

5d) I am very happy that somebody is interested in ZackZack.

Developing is going on...

UPDATE:
LUMYDCTT v3.1.1
- the synthesizer makes sounds as you press a note
- you can select octaves by pressing from 2 to 9 numbers on the alphabetic keyboard
- you can select channels by pressing 1-2-3 on the numeric keypad

Be a composer!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024