COMMODORE PLUS/4 WORLD
  Home  Search  Games  Tapes  Covers  Cheats  Maps  Software  New Stuff 
 Hall Of Fame  HVTC  Game Endings  Solutions  Remakes  Publications  Magazines  Effects  Top List 
 Members  Groups  Features  Plus/4 Encyclopedia  Hardware  Tools  Options  Forum 
Login
Back to forumReply To This TopicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-04
04:55:24
 [Lone News] Issue 21's call for votes

I tried so many times to collect some interesting articles worth to push for a new diskmag issue, but got no luck following several good pathways which lead me to no accomplishment in the end. But now I have a story to write down in a much tangible way than the internet, thanks to Bill Atkinson's answer about his role behind the famous "face of a woman" case.
So, now we have an excuse to vote like it was 1994 And after tested some online resources, I realized that the best way to build up an oldschool chart is...the classic one

Feel the chills of the classic Lone News charts in its 21st issue! Download a votesheet in .doc format, edit it to fully or partially fill it and send it back via email, uploader ("Upload a file to Plus/4 World staff") or Messenger.

Of course, the best choice would have been to code a decent new diskmag, to beat down all the limitations of that 21 years old spaghetti bunch, with proper loading system per article, extensive readability, useful options and more. But I still see no motivation to do that, and this means you'll get the crap stuff as ever
Dunno how much time it will take to write down all that text and create/edit/link/pack the whole stuff, but, as it's been ever and ever, the more sheets I collect the faster the release will be

[REFERENCE PICTURES FOR LONE NEWS 21]: here you can find all the pictures which have been cited in Lone News 21.
- DeskFax;
- scanned lady polaroid;
- scanned lady coarse paint;
- TPUG Issue 19 (1985 Dec) advert;
- De Beers model.

[VOTESHEETS COUNTER]: votesheets collected at now: 6.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2018-04-04
05:31:12
 Re: [Lone News] Issue 21's call for votes

The same i thinking about for days to start write new articles to a possible "Traffic jam 6" or a new "IMBK news"

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-04-04
18:44:50

I am interested in a new mag! If I could somehow contribute, let me know, I will do it.
BTW do not mind to rewrite the code.
a) I liked the previous onces what that code too
b) we are all retro fans, so no need to break down those 21 years old walls
maybe we even prefer oldschool stuff...

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-05
02:06:18

Thank you MMS
The release of various diskmagazines continued nowadays although there's no competition with the easiness and speed you can get news from the internet, just because they're used to "put down" arguments in a less volatile environment. Moreover, it's still an oldschool-ish fascinating way to write down certain articles which must be pinned and assessed that way, just like the case of the "face of a woman" history (which basically is an obvious excuse for releasing the issue 21 ).
If the scene would have been larger than this, probably I would get more changes to do that, hence a real working code for the mag would have been a desirable must, but at the current rhythm...well, welcome back irq-lacking spaghetti code from 1996
Just to say one: the interview I'm gonna publish into issue 21 is 11 years old! 11 years! The other I do have stored too is "just" 7 years old :/

Chronos, MMS, the first action you can do to contribute is: voting!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2018-04-06
03:06:01

My votes cast. Come on guys, give Luca something to work with. I'm eagerly waiting to find out what the next issue will write about.

Posted By

GeorgeP
on 2018-04-06
04:59:25

Luca, just do it! I am with your idea, Because i love writing and storytelling too. Just do what you love!

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-06
07:24:37

Thank you so much, George and gerliczer. gerliczer, yours is the very first votesheet i got for issue 21! just like it was 1994, votesheets are the real fuel for a diskmag
I picked up this chance to add a votesheets counter in the first post of this thread, which will be also used as a depository for the pictures involved in the relative magazine's article.

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-04-06
09:54:23

Sorry i am in a medieval park for two days at a teambuilding session. No PC....will send on the weekend.

Posted By

GeorgeP
on 2018-04-07
14:14:55

sorry, i can't vote, because everybody Herr Special for me. I can't say who or what is the best. Good luck with the Magazine.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-07
14:56:47

Oh come on George, cast some preferences You would eventually have some favourites

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-10
10:05:56

The Plus/4 World's uploader is currently out of work, please use the email and the Facebook Messenger if you wanna send a votesheet in.

Mad thank for your votesheet.
Hey you forum crawler, I am now writing the articles, doing my own duty. So, do yours: YOU MUST FILL (even partially if you want to) A VOTESHEET and send it to me, now!

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-04-10
18:07:22

yes, sure, ooooooh, I am really sorry for being so late....

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-11
15:46:54

Thank you for your votesheets Mad, MMS, bubis, SVS, Skoro
bubis: with no other clue, I consider the original Spy Vs Spy.

Back to topReply To This Topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2018