Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-01-03
11:43:21
 New Year New YAPE!

It's time for an evolution: YAPE goes 1.1.0! Don't miss the brand new video features which will make your prefer 264 machines emulator shine on your monitors!

A brief list of what you'll get follows:
- added an OpenGL video mode;
- external fragment shader support in OpenGL mode (see included sample 'crt.glsl');
- adjustable font size in the monitor;
- line breaks in the monitor;
- set any sound sampling rate between 8000 and 192000 Hz;
- optionally audible tape signal;
- added $FF as powerup pattern;
- cleaned the ACIA 6551 emulation from non-functioning legacy code;
- minor fine tuning in the measured palette hues and lumas;
- breakpoint purge deadlock fix;
- more monitor cleanup.
Check out the new OpenGL mode with CRT emulation turned on - recommended mainly with at least 3× magnification. In case the external fragment shader source file is removed from the executable folder, YAPE falls back to a built-in, simpler fragment shader. Support for external fragment (aka pixel) shaders is still somewhat experimental, but feel free to play around with the attached sample.

Download it from the usual place.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2017-01-03
11:43:21
 Re: New Year New YAPE!

Thank you Luca for the newspost. I confirm there is a sound issue on some PCs (if you are impacted you'll notice). As a short term remedy try turning on the audible tape signal option in the Tape-->Adjust head-->Audible tape signal checkbox until I release a fix. As always the issue was found by Luca, the greatest and meanest bughunter happy

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2017-01-03
11:53:18

Ooh, many new options to play with!
How do I like this? happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2017-01-03
14:04:30

Congratulation for this long running project nearing the "zenith of puberty". grin Although I use it frequently without having major hiccups and I'm quite pleased with it, I still have some little things to complain about. The combobox in Machine/Configuration... doesn't remember the selected configurations for as long as I can remember using it, and doesn't handle the checkboxes of the two special peripheral chips either. Could you do something about it Master?

Posted By

Jakec
on 2017-01-03
14:58:13

THX wink

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-01-03
15:52:26

The shader looks very good! Congratz.. Cool achievement!

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-01-03
18:12:00

Oh no no, this time the bug itself has found me, has found me and it tried to kill my ears! grin

Posted By

Gaia
on 2017-01-04
13:02:09

Oh, how stupid of me... the most important part, the OpenGL shader was not even included in the ZIP package... (facepalm) Please move ahead to the YAPE homepage for the fixed package which now contains the fixde executables as well as the external shader ('crt.glsl'). It's really worth checking wink My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience it may have caused, you see I am overall very happy to be able to squeeze some spare time for this and my attention suffers this. And thanks for all the kind words!

The new package has the same name, but the EXE-s have a new timestamp and show '1.1.0b' as version number. Besides you should be able to find the aforementioned shader in the ZIP package which should be copied right into the YAPE folder. If you don't like it and prefer the simpler built in OpenGL shader then simply remove it from the folder. Have fun!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2017-01-04
14:12:56

Wow! 'crt.glsl' is awesomeness. Although, I'd tone a little bit down the Moiré. It is a tiny bit too much for my taste.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2017-01-04
17:27:32

Glad you liked it! Everyone is welcome to play around with the external shader. Most parameters are in simple '#define'-s so you can play around even if you do not speak GLSL wink The code is mostly relying on earlier works of some really cool folks I have linked in an earlier thread. I have simplified it and added the PAL artifacts. It can and should be optimized a LOT, for example the entire screen rendering could be done using shaders but that will require a not very old video card. There is also a built in GL shader which is equivalent to the CRT emulation of the Direct3D mode.

EDIT: because of the RGB dotmask artifact, the crt.glsl output looks really good only when using 2×-3× window sizes (or higher). It is simply too ugly below that resolution.

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-01-04
18:48:34

Now that it really looks like the real thing, we can close the make it look like on the monitor issue! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-01-04
19:01:47

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-01-05
14:17:05

Avast virus killer did not like the win 64 bit version.
I am waiting for their feedback, till that time I cannot test it (I am banned to run it)

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2017-01-05
15:03:18

I'm running Avast, too. You should change the CyberCapture setting (in general settings – I don't know how it is written in Hungarian, I use Windows in English) to allow running suspicious software. Then it will offer the possibility to run it even if it's not recommended. However, there is a strange thing. If I ran YAPE from my dynamic start menu shortcut, it was allowed without complaining at all.

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-01-05
16:49:06

Thanks for the hint. I tried the Win10 dynamic start menu shortcut hint, but it already on the list, so no success.
Actually in the Hungarian version you can change the Cybercapture to "Allow me to decide", I mean it is in English too happy

But no success yet. I had similar troubles with UAE and the Amiga - The Company intragrated amiga games, but after few days all were released. So: patience is a virtue happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2017-01-06
03:29:58

Strange. It gave me a new option in the warning window.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024