09:17:55
 Art, Music, or typing programs?

Is there any of those types of programs out there for our beloved Plussy :P

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-01-02
14:34:50
 Re: Art, Music, or typing programs?

By art, do you mean graphics editors? If not, could you be more specific?

For music, the best place to take a look would be the software section. Click "Software" from the main menu, then "Utility", then "Music". That will take you to this link: /sl/302.

Typing programs: sure, just search for "Typing": /search.php?s=typing They mostly fall into the Educational or Game/Educational.

Posted By

Papa_Bear
on 2017-01-02
14:51:18

I like to hear bout folks experiences with em Csabo. Some people prefer X over X ect, ect. :P

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-01-02
16:21:50

About art: though the artist nowadays prefer crosstools (there are now some really good ones) for normal HIRES and MULTI I still prefer the ones work directly on the machine.

When I started to draw on +4, I used Micro Illustrator, that is a nice multi-platform gfx editor.
It is available for C64, Apple II, ATARI, VIC-20 with Koala Pad
As Plus/4 has to Paddle input lines, it has no Koala Pad, so it is just the same SW itself without HW.
My very first gfxs (Supercar, Wizard, Raytrace) made with that. Not bad at all, but not the best.

After I found Botticelli (for HIRES) and Multi Botticelli (certainly for ulticolor pictures) I never used Microillustrator again. The graphical GUI was very nice, although in 1987 the GEOS was already released, do the GUI was nothing groundbraking, but was really user friendly.
Unfortunate, that no more programs developped based with such nice customer environment, only the later releases provide the same comfort.

Posted By

George
on 2017-01-03
05:08:34

Hi Papa_Bear,
i am a lazy guy and i like quick results within an hour. I am not in the assembler world, i am not used to this way of programming. So i like to tell about my way of doing my stuff.

I like to bring well known themes (from film, games, etc) in portrait style to the plus\4. Mostly i do conversions, sometimes i draw the pictures myself, which is more time consuming. Istvans plus\4 emulator (Plus4Emu) package contains a converter for the purpose. You have to prepare the source picture with a graphic editor, to get some satisfying results. I use Paintshop Pro 6.

What music concerns, i go the same way of conversion. There are no tools for a direct conversions of a midi file for example. Here you have to do a few steps to get a result. My way is to convert the midis into a text format with tools from the internet. Then you can extract the channels by parsing the Text file and convert the midi notes and lenght into basic sound commands or any format you want. I wrote a very basic and experimental tool for this which has as output a complete basic-program. To get a result you have to experiment a little.

For typing i use a normal Text editor (notepad++). Then copy and paste into the Yape-window.

This is my way doing things. Many other have more sophisticated techniques and tools. I like to keep things as simple as possible and enjoy the process of creating something.

Maybe my stuff has not the top-notch quality, people want to see, but thats not the point for me. I love to see for example a portrait of the V8 Interceptor from Mad Max on a plus/4 on a real TV-tube. Because thats what i love to see and hope its also a kind of entertaining for other people too. And there not that many people around spending time for doing any demos for the plus\4 anymore.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024