Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-11-24
06:14:46
 YAPE 1.0.11 is out! Head on over...

YAPE 1.0.11 is out! Head on over to the Homepage to read what's new and get your download!

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-11-27
06:30:16
 Re: YAPE 1.0.11 is out! Head on over...

I've just checked new "even line hue phase offset in CRT emulation mode" feature. It works! :) I used manpage program from xlife distribution. It shows the proper colors. Plus4emu shows the inverted (incorrect) colors. However Plus4emu may show 231 colors with 231c demo, Yape still misses it. :(
EDIT. Yape in the CRT emulation mode with 231c shows rather odd video effects than the proper colors.

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-11-27
09:50:53

Had troubles using the Monitor in this version (x86), more investigation to come.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2016-11-27
16:38:34

I confirm there was a crash in the MINGW compiler release version due to a 16-bit overflow. So whoever is impacted please regrab the ZIP package, and as usual thanks to Luca for the report happy

Litwr: I know, I know happy Maybe next on the agenda. Unless it requires a major overhaul of the code wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-11-28
05:13:55

The new fonts in the Monitor windows are cool, but would be useful to have an option about chaging their size, in order to display enough text on several resolutions...

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-28
09:50:52

Yeah, thanks for the yape updates all time! Because I am coding with yape I do have a rather odd request.. I know it's not easy to implement, because I tried it already with yapeSDL, would it somehow be possible to have a memory breakpoint, if someone writes to an address? It is not important for me, most of the times memorywriters are findable, however I would have needed this feature 3 or 4 times already. Anyhow.. Thanx for this fantastic emulator!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-11-28
11:08:31

This is already available in YAPE monitor. Type B (address) W. "B" for the breakpoint command, the address should be the hexadecimal memory location you want to watch, and "W" for "Write". (The other types are "R" for read, triggers when that location is read, and "X" for execute, that's the usual breakpoint.)

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-28
11:20:09

Wow thanx!!! I only knew the $f2 stuff!! That's very great thanx!

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-11-28
12:14:12

And I don't understand the correct usage of up/down arrows in order to choose previous commands in the Monitor window, there are some blank strings before reaching the previous casted command...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2016-11-28
18:26:23

Luca: argh, that's a regression bug... I've just fixed it, thanks.

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-11-29
12:40:29

I don't want to be importunate, but I kindly remember my old request for a memory cell where Yape writes its current relative speed (100%, 200%, etc.). This should be a powerful resource for code written nowadays (for Emulators AND for iron machine).
Thank you for the reply and for Yape' development!

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-29
14:41:42

SVS this would indeed be somehow awesome. So you could code games that run more fluid on different speeds... If I understood right.. I think there would be more options to it.. I do have an old 3d engine test, which I left, because of too slow speeds :)!
[OFF]
Btw: Is there already some turbo card for the plus/4, as there are some for the C64 and Apple, as far as I know.
[ON]

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-11-29
14:58:08

Yes indeed Mad. And it would be possible to maintain the realtime for some timing operations like, just for example, a digital clock.
To not say that each (new) program could in this way know if it is running under real iron or under emulator and take decisions on the answer.
It would even be possible to speed up some part of the running, like file reads from disk.

But all this is on Gaia's hands wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-11-29
17:43:15

SVS if you would push a forthcoming over the Plus/4 capabilities, you could release something directly on PC, an emulator should be used to...emulate a real machine happy

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-29
18:33:33

Ok, good point luca.. It is tempting to have a faster plus/4, but if there is none out there, why emulate one.. It's an emulator and not a coding framework..happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-11-30
07:47:03

I found interesting these different opinions.

@Luca:
My proposal is not intended to "corrupt" the purity of the emulation that I deeply respect (that anyway would remain). It would be a new way to maintain live the Plus4 programming (thru new creations), taking some advantages from the emulator running on a PC. A good coder will always write a code able to use them if present, and able to use the standard ways if not (real machine).

It is known that different running speeds are present in Yape and in other emulators since years. I'm sure that all us press the magic ALT-W when load a long program happy without to spend time just to respect the standard Plus4 speed. The new step should be simply to make this by the program itself.

They should always be optional adds to the standard, never substituting it! Then: why not?

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-11-30
09:33:03

SVS I think you're trying to make a dress which will be able to wear a human body as it was its dress happy Basically, YAPE should "emit" an unique signal or flag that a Plus/4 program can understand and recognize as YAPE...but that's not a Plus/4 anymore! Should YAPE assumes a general standard "flag" triggered by your needing, so standard that everybody will use, just like, as example, "write #$BB into zp location $4F", and including an option into YAPE?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024