Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-10-20
08:03:37
 Cover Update!

2 Pass AssemblerNewton AlmájaLacus sent us a couple of goodies! 2 Pass Assembler is an old programming tool by NewLine - it now has a full cover scan, TAP file and a cassette photo.

The second program to get this treatment is Newton Almája: we now have the full cover (7 pages folded), a TAP file and a cassette photo. This game has come up before - it's an odd one. It was released on 4 platforms at the same time (the other ones besides the Plus/4 were the C64, ZX Spectrum and the Enterprise). The authors ran a contest along with it. Anyone who could solve the game could fill out the last page of the cover and mail it in to win prizes.

As far as we know at this point - no-one has managed to solve the game. I realize the language barrier is a problem - but still, I wonder if there's any interest in doing a coordinated effort to try and crack its mysteries?...

Anyway, big thanks for Lacus and enjoy the covers and the TAP files!

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-10-25
08:03:37
 Re: Cover Update!

If I've understood, Newton Almája would show a game structure very similar to Ghost Town (USA)...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-10-25
08:13:39
 Re: Cover Update!

Well, you can probably draw some parallels between the two, perhaps the mood and gameplay is somewhat similar.

But Newton is a different beast wink Even if everything was disassembled from the program, we would still not know the final solution, because it's simply not in there. One of the big clues (the scrambled word processor puzzle) I just figured out last night.

And, as with most things, it's not the destination (getting the final answer, which is apparently just a 6 digit number) is what matters, but the journey! For me at least, it's a lot of fun digging through it all happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024