Issue 1

Issue 2

Issue 3

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-06-05
11:03:09
 Re: Questprobe Comic Books

Thank you, I was almost sure we've just put these somewhere, then I checked and...we didn't grin
About the Spiderman's one: there's no offical Plus/4 release of it, at least until someone will try to load it from the disk side B. Actually I've asked for this attempt since years on several forum, but at the moment nobody tried this, though we've just had so many positive examples of unannounced and hidden games: Fantastic Four, Buckaroo Banzai +4, The Sorcerer Of Claymorgue Castle +4...

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-06-06
18:26:10

Hi,

I read them, and enjoyed them, though not a big comic book fan (except Asterix and some Conan).
The ads were sometime a little funny, like to cookie everywhere stuff.

Anyhow, how they linked directyl to Plussy? I know there was a Spiderman and a Hulk game, but do they linked to these comic books somehow? I do remember Sandman in the Spiderman, and it does not appear here...

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-06-06
18:43:16

MMS, these comics were included in the games' package, so they're actually part of the classic material to store here.
The Hulk and Fantastic Four are actual Plus/4 releases, whereas The Incredible Hulk and Spiderman have been released for Commodore 16 in Europe; Spiderman +4 is a Pigmy conversion of the European version too. There should have been a Terrorists conversion too, but it's a MIA at the moment...
What we really missed is an attempt to load the side B of the original disk related to "Questprobe 2: Spiderman" US version, suspected to contain a never announced Plus/4 version, just as happened before in several other cases.

EDIT: I've found the so called Terrorists version of Spiderman +4, and it's not a different conversion, it's a simple repack of the Pigmy's one.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2016-06-06
19:25:23

@Luca: the comics were not included in US game packages. They were sold separately, at wherever comic book would be sold, such as a newsstand or a grocery store.

I have the US diskette of Spiderman for the 64, but I don't have a system set up to check to see if a Plus/4 version is on it. (Fantastic Four's US diskette had the Plus/4 version so it's possible Spiderman is the same way.)

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-06-07
03:16:24

JamesC you're right, my memory fails me. Even with no Plus/4 where to test it, could you make a .G64/.D64 of it and give it a go, that would be great.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024