Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2015-11-01
11:31:19
 Midi File tool or player for the plus/4

Hi all,
since we have some serious soundtools now (Knaecketraecker,TEDzakker...), want to ask, if it makes sense to have a function to import selected tracks from Midi-Files for this tools. Perhaps there are already existing tools, which i don't know. The timeconsuming part is to extract the notes with external tools and than re-compose them with the trackers. Just an idea for improvement.

George

Posted By

Chronos
on 2015-11-01
12:42:39
 Re: Midi File tool or player for the plus/4

+1 midi import!
..and the flood of music conversions starts like gfx conversions grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-11-01
13:21:35

As TEDzakker included some _partial_ MIDI options, HerMIDI 10c now keeps in count Plus/4 too.

Posted By

George
on 2015-11-02
15:33:03

Thanks Luca. I will trie out.

The idea behind is to combine gfx and music conversions...spending the saved time for experimenting with tunes...

Edit 2.11.2015
Well this seems to be a MIDI-in hardware-interface for the Commodore personal computers. I couldnt find out how to load Midi-files. Its not not easy to use.

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-11-02
18:22:50

I just recently bought a KORG MicroKey 25, but I think the keyboard does not help me to make better melodies, just shows up how bad player I am, trackers are easier and more forgiving happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2015-11-03
02:32:58

Okay, i've downloaded HerMidi, it seems its "just" a driver or interface to a midi keyboard, etc..

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-11-03
10:44:28

Just??? Almost an ATARI ST now together with a Tracker happy

Posted By

George
on 2015-11-07
16:42:28

Maybe its possilble to emulate the Hardware and connect it to an emulator.
The hardware emulation (e.g. midiplayer) plays the midifile and send the data to the emulator , which runs the tracker...worth a try...wink

Edit 07.11.2015
After some experimenting with a selfwritten tool, i extracted a midi-track and converted it into basic sound commands. Here the result with the boss- theme from "Black Belt" (Sega Master System):

PRG: belttune.prg

Posted By

George
on 2015-11-08
09:44:33

Another MIDI-track-conversion from a greek title....

PRG: <a href="http://www.patsos.de/plus_4/bouzouki.prg">bouzouki.prg</a>

Thats all folks...happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-11-08
16:58:41

aah, great! what an achievement. Once I tries to dig into the MID file format, but finally I found way too complex (or gave it up too early happy ) Congrats!
One question: how you may create 2 channel music from the MIDI? although it looks to be a simple logical answer (add a second SOUND2,xxx command in between), due to the different lenght of the sound it is not so easy, where to put it exactly...

Posted By

George
on 2015-11-09
16:40:15

Hi MMS,
yes...i am working on this problem with two channels. My primitive tool can only convert one selected track. The output is simple basic, but it saves so much time until you get a first result. That was my goal. I think it fits the need for simple tunes from games etc.

For two channels i have to rewrite my tool using a time-line, where at a certain time-index the notes of a certain channel are switched on and off. Then there should be no timing problems.

I do not use the raw MIDI-Format. I use a converter in between. The output is much more easier to process.

PRG: bouzouki.prg

Edit: 09.11.2015
This tune was converted with two channels:

PRG: rambotune.prg

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024