Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-24
17:11:07
 Richard Ikin says sorry for making Airwolf!

I missed this, but with-in the last month the author Richard Ikin of C16 Airwolf commented on my video of the game in action on Youtube!

Check the comments to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpE-OO5MEyM

To be honest I for one was very surprised and pleased with what he had done when it first released on our system. There was nothing else like it and it was challenging for a while even if it was a little on the small side. The helicopter looked awesome too. It was an early game and it's better than he might believe it is/was at the time it was made. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-24
11:38:08
 Re: Richard Ikin says sorry for making Airworlf!

Get the chance to answer back, and ask him about both version of 1942 he stored somewhere!

http://plus4world.powweb.com/forum/21464

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-10-24
12:58:34

lol, yeah I only actually read that for the first time myself yesterday. He's full of unnecessary apologies that guy.
I also don't think that Commando is as bad as he made out. As far as arcade conversion accuracies goes sure it's poor
and can understand why people were disappointed back then. But as a game all on its own Commando isn't that bad.
It's certainly playable enough on its own merits if you take out the arcade conversion equation, it's just a different kinda game that's all happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2014-10-24
13:12:02

WOW incoming Space Ace for the C16!!!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-10-24
13:36:34

lol, I forgot about that. Wish he still had the disks for it. Imagine
the only conversion of a hugely popular laser disc arcade game only
available at the time for the unexpanded C16, which does sound kinda
ludicrous. I have absolutely no idea how it could have possibly worked myself happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-24
14:10:18

Oh well, he answered back, pretty nice guy...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-10-24
17:57:06
 Re: Richard Ikin says sorry for making Airwolf!

Yeah, it's awesome of him to comment on the game. I added it to our details page.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-24
18:34:16
 Re: Richard Ikin says sorry for making Airwolf!

Nice one Csabo, always great to see stuff like this however small, good or bad. Cool effort for a 1st game really! wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024