Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-06-03
07:48:39
 Re: Pogo Pete

What a shame, I was quite sure it has been me who added that early cheat that fixes the bug in Pogo Pete, and that's not true *blush*. The truth is: Csabo did it, I added the latter ones! Beg your pardon, I used to do so many works here till forgetting what I've actually done.

MIK and RĂ¼diger have pointed out that if you run the game by Monitor instead of give it a RUN command, the bug goes away. Personally, I see no difference in the gameplay either entering G3CBA or give it a RUN, the bug is still there, hence I can't confirm that.

But I finally figured out where's the DD mode bug!
The author missed to set $F3 in the beginning of the game's initialization. $F3 has to be '3' from the beginning, because if the player is on the left border of the screen, a minimum bounce is spent in order to switch P <-> D modes. The $F3 counter decreases to 0 and then the mode changes. You could even don't fix it at all, but await the $F3 value decreasing from 0 value till 3 by bouncing a lot of time. Once the regular value of 3 is reached, the game continues with absolutely no bug, of course! That's because I'm gonna change the first cheat (DD's bug fixing).
Playing this way, the 23rd level bug is still there, but once finished that with congrats and run back, actually there's a 1000 points Super Bonus bouncing toward the left border of screen 1 in any mode! You can even don't touch the 24th level! Once you've got the Super Bonus, you can go forth and back freely changing to DD (avoiding the ground of course), reach the 23rd level again, get congrats again and return to screen 1 to achieve a Super Bonus again and again and again. There's the ending to change tho, then.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024