Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-11-09
06:38:46
 Angelsoft Games

The FrogPlus/4 World has been here for a long time (and hopefully will continue to exist for a long time as well). We consider ourselves to be the center of everything Plus/4 and C16 related. Though occasionally we miss some stuff... www.angel-soft.de is one such case. Jens Engel AKA angelsoft is the author of such classic games as Diabolo and Pilot X. He recently contacted us (after some encouragement from RĂ¼diger), and our database is now four games richer!

First up is Coltfire. The story behind this one was that he was contacted by Kingsoft in the '80s to write a western game, but it was never released. Last year he released the C64 version and now the C16 version is out as well. Kristall-Labyrinth is a BASIC game, in which (true to its name) you collect crystals in a labyrinth. Finally there's a very professional Frogger clone called The Frog, which includes a level editor and it's accompanied by a C16 version of the game as well (The Frog (Basic)). The recommended emulator for all of these is Minus4.

So check those games out... Like them? Not so much? Be sure to give your feedback on the forums!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2013-11-10
06:38:46
 Re: Angelsoft Games

Unbelievable. Even nowadays we get caught by surprises which is good happy The Frogger clone is very professional stuff, a real gem.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-11-10
08:37:29

Agreed, even with that minor issue at start-up, it's highly playable. Nice title tune (another one for Luca to rip happy). I was especially impressed with the sound effects. They sound great and really fit the game. I also had to peek how it's done technically, and once I've seen that it actually uses soft scrolling I was even more impressed. Don't know if the original coin-op one had the joke about the frog being squished to a stamp, but that made me smile.

Gonna submit my high score soon! (It's so nice that due to every one being too lazy to submit their scores I'm leading or at least in the top 3 for virtually all games happy)

Posted By

scarrabri
on 2013-11-10
09:52:52

Well, I really liked the Frog game. It kept me amused for quite a while. The only disappointment I had is I got no sound. I wonder if it is because I used a card reader or maybe there was not supposed to be any, but I still enjoyed it very much. One for the kids if I let them have ago, lol... Best wishes, Brian.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-11-11
04:09:34

Absolutely got surprised by all this stuff, and of course by The Frog, mostly: it's professionally coded and comes to fill a gap in the Plus/4 games catalogue. And yes, of course all the audio section has just been hacked in order to be released in the next HVTC update wink (Apropo, Degauss: waiting for your fixed file wink ).

I'm also impressed by Coltfire too, very similar to the well known (and loved by me a lot!) Pilot X, but the file loads from $00D0 and you have to run it exiting from the Monitor (type 'x' and press return)! Quite rare and interesting, will it run the same even on a real Plus/4, or a C16 only at least? Have to test it...

Hey, The Frog is dated 2012, so please angelsoft spend some spare time in the near future to keep up the C16 game coding, we really loved your stuff, both older and newer wink If you wanna have cooperators too for gfx music or anything you would need, you only have to ask to the right ppl.

scarrabri: it's plain TED audio, probably you'd shut you pc volume down to zero happy

Posted By

Fonsis
on 2013-11-11
10:01:21

How do you run Coltfire? I have loaded it in monitor mode, but what is the start address?

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-11-11
11:23:50

As I've written above, simply type 'X' and press return: it will automatically start.

Posted By

scarrabri
on 2013-11-11
14:19:06

Hey Luca I played the Frog game on my best computer which was not the ultra fast dust catcher namely the pc but the steady but sure plus4 ,which is steady as a Mountain Goat ,and pardon me for changing the subject but where would I get a manual that tells me how to write music into my plus4 you being the Music man lol so they tell me ,best wishes Brian

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-11-11
14:43:36

scarrabri I'm not THE music man, indeed I'm a TED musician sometimes, Csabo has composed tons on tunes more than me happy

Well, the topic you proposed is an aaaaaaaancieeeeent one, but you can use the search field above in order to read all the threads regarding this argument, starting from this for example. Also, read my diskmag issue Lone News 20 to have a global view about what you need.

Posted By

scarrabri
on 2013-11-11
15:28:48

Thanks again my friend sorry if I labelled you wrong but this is what I am trying to do but instead of using the Amiga 1200 as I did in this vid
http://youtu.be/orF17hcQwOc

I want to use the plus4 and it only has to be simple as I will fill in myself lol best wishes Brian.

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-11-11
15:48:18

lol very good. grin

Was that Octamed on your Amiga?

Posted By

scarrabri
on 2013-11-11
15:54:25

Hi MIK yes it was Octamed and the Amiga knocks out a real steady beat and all it takes is a clown like me to join in and a fool is born every day lol best wishes Brian

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-11-12
03:06:03

Ha good for you for being crazy enough to do it in front of the camera unlike most of us! happy

Just wondered if you have looked at the sample names of the mod it's self to see if it offers any clue who made it. That's what people normally did, if they bothered to do so that is...
Nice set up with the Amiga's there too.

BTW Luca is the Music guy. He's just being shy. Take a look at the game Adventures in Time, he did the music. happy

Posted By

Ati
on 2013-11-12
06:42:46

How cool frog game! happy Congratulations!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024