Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-10-11
09:39:33
 New Releases From RoePipi!

New Releases From RoePipiRoePipi surprised us with two brand new Commodore Plus/4 game releases: Foxish and Maze of Mazes. Both are nicely polished and definitely worth a look. The author even provided us with nice write-ups of each game:

Foxish: a real-time hunting action/rhythm game written in BASIC 3.5
  • runs on systems with at least 32k RAM
  • real-time hunting action: seek and chase preys, bring them to your grateful fox family
  • virtual 3D scrolling system
  • enormous terrain to explore
  • transient time system, lighting and fog effects, breath-taking landscape
  • 30 minutes guaranteed gameplay
  • intimate music scores (can be turned off)
  • immensely sweet and unique graphics
  • hidden extras

This is what would have been said about Foxish in 1987:
"In PipiSoft's new game - Foxish - you play the head of a fox family as he goes hunting into the night. He must search for a prey, get as close as possible, hunt them down via a rhythm game and take them back into the foxhole.

In the main menu you can view the hungry fox family, set the volume level (so there's no need to fumble with the volume knob on your television set), and select one of two possible fur colors (orange or red, probably the writer of the program could not decide between them). The "EMULATOR SPEED" option allows the entire game to be slowed down, however, we could not find a practical use for this option.

The game features a total of four different music pieces - which is not bad if we take the fact that this is a BASIC program into consideration - however, the final piece that can be heard when the player wins is less than enjoyable.

Due to the circumstances of the game's production - which is revealed at the end of the game - the player cannot die, and the members of the fox family won't go hungry. Instead, after an apology from the protagonists the same level can be replayed. Out only enemy (well, besides all the animals that constantly attempt to escape us), is time itself, whose passing is indicated by the slowly spanning Moon at the top of the screen. With dawn the hunters arrive as well and we must quickly return home.

If, however, our task is well done, the fox hole will be slowly filled up with little foxes."

Maze of Mazes:
  • runs on 32k and 64k systems
  • play the mazes or build your own!
  • 38 built-in maps of mazeness
  • 4-way infinite scrolling mazes
  • stairways and goal objects
  • full-blown maze editor
  • random mazes for the lazy ones
  • build hundreds of mazes up to the free RAM!
  • create art with just typing!
  • custom colors, walls and floors for every map!
  • customizable title and ending screen
  • 3 different sounds with adjustable volume!

Besides these new ones, we've noticed that RoePipi's homepage contains a few more games that we did not list before, so be sure to check out: Pipi's Stuffs, Üzlet Egy Tyúkért, Pipitrain and Madarak Bolygója.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-10-11
09:42:48
 Re: New Releases From RoePipi!

Hey Roe, I really liked both of these games happy Foxish has the same type of humor as the rest of your releases, finally in English wink Congrats!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2009-10-11
10:30:12

Yeah, thumbs up! And it seems we have the comments feature implemented happy

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2009-10-11
15:04:24

They have humor?... Anyway, thanks, and congrats for the comments system! wink
Csabo: Why can I see a "828" as the very first comment when replying? Is it supposed to be hidden?
And one more thing: Sadly Minus4j (or Java) doesn't handle keyboard combinations correctly, so it's impossible to catch any preys in Foxish...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-10-11
15:18:37

Sure they do! Actually, there's one particular line in Foxish that's a really funny double entendre (although it may have been unintentional happy)

The comment-on-news-items is not really ready, it's just hacked together at the moment as I think about what's the best way to do this all. The 828 is the link to the news item, the forum knows to pull the content from there. (Similarly, the news item itself links to the topic by it's ID, that's why on the front page there's a "Read comments..." link.)

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2009-10-11
15:39:33

Yeah, one must hack a system to add features! happy
Okay, I reveal a secret: the menu item "view foxhole" is intentional because players tend to select it more likely this way, so they get the aim of the game, and I don't need to make an intro... heheh.

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-10-11
16:08:00

<3 @ 1st!

Posted By

Jakec
on 2009-10-12
00:21:54

Madarak bolygoja??? We look this game... . I hope you have a laugh in it wink

Great Stuffs!!!

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2016-06-04
16:01:02

Guys...! Hey, Guys...

Just a little something I *had* to do...
A random town generator came to my mind, using user seeds. It places colorful houses, parks, streets together in... well, real-time grin
Then, I had another idea: Let's put in a player (7 extra BASIC lines in the code), whom you can move around and (possibly) block new constructions grin

Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/RoePipi/status/739127935572029440
https://twitter.com/RoePipi/status/739178277819023360

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-06-04
21:18:42

Plus/4 BASIC coding is calling you again happy

I checked them out, they are cool... Keep at it, maybe it'll turn into a game?

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2016-06-05
04:47:30

It did!

Now you can fight the Advanced City Builders (ACB): if you can build enough roads against the town, you can carefully place a stadium! grin

Have fun!

https://twitter.com/RoePipi/status/739376453993779200
Ps. No, you cannot demolish trees/houses in this game. That'd be too easy. Protect the environment!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2016-06-05
06:32:59

Fight the concrete jungle with asphalt stripes. That's some fun way to protect the environment. grin

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2016-06-08
14:00:33

Your prayers are heard, so here is the anti-game: grin

Don't get trapped!

https://twitter.com/RoePipi/status/739458617770946560

-----

Later...
I was so ashamed of my games being slow that I dusted off my rough assembly knowledge and upgraded the road creating routine. Above links are now with fast roads! :)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024