Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-08-18
11:42:40
 Re: Site Problems 2009

Eeeeh *sniff*, in the end the boiling cup spitted its stuff, this is the most soft soul of the infamous guidelines post, where we tried to set some guidelines about titles, notes filenames and so on.

Let's have a look then:
- compilations: they can have voting in all cases to me, it's up to you if they contain a game or app you loved or not and being worth of notice for it, or if you go for a weighted average;
- clones and trainers: hard to say, they may contain a great hackers'intro, they may be the same, they may be badly hacked and so on; my opinion is: no vote for them, otherwise they automatically get the vote from the original program, despite they're intro-ed, ruined or whatever.

The latter case takes to us another question: having a program called "X", how to manage the eventual "X 1551 Version", "X NTSC Version", "X Trained", "X Edited and so on? Some are included in the same "X" page, some others have their own page and they're linked to the original one.
First, let me say that me and Csabo at first had included how much stuff possible, and only now we're facing this question, that's the reason because of several inconsistencies along the site about this.
I saw Csabo including NTSC versions apart of the original PAL ones, and I mimed him, probably he did this in order to have a most responsive SEARCH (PAL/NTSC is a flagged voice here), if this will be confirmed I will create a Rug Rider PAL page, for example.
Regarding all the rest, everything is still a habit.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024