Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-11-23
08:41:33
 plus4emu 1.2.4

The new version can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=192837&package_id=226942&release_id=556068. The changes are relatively minor, since I did not spend much time developing the emulator recently, but here is what you can find in this release:

* implemented the ACIA 6551 registers at $FD00-$FD0F, which are automatically enabled for configurations with 64K or more RAM; this is not complete yet, but the basic functionality works
* video recording can also be done in RLE8 format now, which allows smaller file sizes than uncompressed YV12, at the expense of some TV emulation effects not being captured
* added new command line option for selecting the GUI style and colors
* various minor improvements and bug fixes

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-11-29
17:15:21
 Re: plus4emu 1.2.4

The "tools" page still displays version 1.2.2 from about 3 months ago as the latest. Could it be updated ?

Posted By

Litwr
on 2007-11-30
04:22:04

Why didn't you sent message to site admin? You emulator is one of the best and every release of it is a big event in our small +4 world.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-11-30
09:08:03

I assumed that the announcement on the forum would be noticed, and did not know about having to send a private message. Anyway, it is not a very important issue.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-11-30
09:28:27

It seems to be updated now. Thanks.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-12-01
07:21:55

By the way, it does display the effects in MC Demo and mostly Bad Signal as well, which are currently documented as working on real TVs only, and not emulators. Also, some screenshots for Chaos, Crackers Demo 4, and Five Magics may need to be updated, since they were created with an old version of YAPE, and do not look like on the real machine.

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-12-01
10:37:11

Didn't been used to your emulator, I checked this version and have to give you my loudest congratulations, your stuff reached a high emulation level, the Bad Signal bonus is a kickassing result, and Lavina, the demo's author, got positively surprised too.
Keep the cool work up.

Edit: wow, SID 8580 emulation is almost perfect!

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-12-01
12:09:05

Bad Signal and MC Demo do not look exactly like on my TV card and real machine, since the horizontal synchronization is not stable there, but I assume this depends largely on the monitor, TV, or TV card being used. But both demos depend on the equalization pulses being turned on all the time, and MC Demo takes advantage of the doubled horizontal sync frequency to make every other frame shifted horizontally by a half line. Since the TED emulation in plus4emu 1.2.0 and later generates a full composite sync signal, which is decoded by the TV emulation part, effects like in the above demos, or interlaced display (of which a few examples were posted in another thread) can work. Typing 'poke 65287,72' will also make the picture unstable similarly to a real machine.

I did not write the SID emulation, it uses reSID 0.16, which was originally written by Dag Lem.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-12-08
07:05:29

Here is a list of features implemented so far for 1.2.5. Is there anything important left out, or should I build and upload a new release tomorrow ?

* implemented Lua scripting in the debugger; this makes it possible to write complex rules for breakpoints, but can have other uses as well, since the script can read and write memory and registers, in addition to having access to the standard Lua library functions
* changed the debugger window layout so that there is a larger window with only two tabs
* the disassembly view in the debugger now allows for paging backwards, and the disassembly and memory dump displays can also be scrolled with the mouse wheel
* made the serial bus delay for the 1541 high timing accuracy mode adjustable; while the default setting works with all the disk turbos tested so far, this option may be useful for debugging purposes
* when using audio files as tape images, the signal read or written can optionally be inverted for compatibility with other software
* the enabling of 6551 ACIA emulation is now configurable, rather than being fixed to machine configurations with 64K or more RAM
* SID emulation and floppy drives with no disk image attached can be disabled from the GUI menu to reduce CPU usage; previously, these automatically enabled features could only be turned off by a forced or hard reset
* added new GUI menu items for resetting floppy drives
* new command line option (-tape) for loading tape images on startup; it has also been made possible to automatically load a file with .prg, .p00, .d64, .d81, or .tap extension by using the file name as a single command line argument
* minor bug fixes and optimizations

Posted By

Lavina
on 2007-12-08
14:51:39

I was surprised, indeed. It't not an emulator friendly effect (feature) after all. happy

Keep up the good work. Another good example why do we need different emulators!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024