Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-01-13
17:16:05
 3rd Summer Events mismatch

A silly oddity.
If you compare the actual Summer Events ingame screens with the screenshots printed on the back cover, you can easily spot out two major mismatches: the famous completely different pole vault design (especially in the sprite), and the opening ceremony's stadium.
Now I've found a third one, that seems to be shown in the earlier adverts, then corrected with the current screen: there should be some other graphics'elements in the background, looking atplatform diving's early screenshots:
http://c64.rulez.org/~luca/fire/_trash/sepd.jpg

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-01-13
18:51:45
 Re: 3rd Summer Events mismatch

Hmm, I can't quite make this out from the scans we currently have on the site, but this is quite interesting. I think you should make up three pictures and add this to the Summer Events page, as an interesting trivia. Seriously, I'd like to see it.

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-01-13
20:20:53

This is really funny! Nice finding!

Don't know if my mind plays tricks on me, but i THINK i remember when i was a kiddie that i was missing the shadow in "Platform Diving" once i got "Summer Events". If i remember right, i saw the "shadow"-Advert on the Backpage of a "Compute Mit"-Issue.

(p.s.: This thread inspired me to play S.E. once again. Oh man, that is so brilliant and impressive work.)

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2007-01-13
20:29:36

This may have been mentioned before, but on the Video Meanies cover, take a look at the top right corner of each of the screenshots happy

Posted By

Rachy
on 2007-01-14
03:38:49

@Ulysses777:
And the winning screen too... wink

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2007-01-14
10:50:56
 Video Meanies / Nasty

And then take a look of the message at the end of the game ... there stands Video Nasty!

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-01-14
18:12:56

Ok, added to the Summer Events page. wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024