Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-11-24
09:09:11
 Drawing circles in MultiBotticelli

MultiBotticelli is one of the +4 utilities I use frequently. But the weak point of this powerful bitmap editor is the circles drawing routine, that produces non-symmetric shapes. In those cases, I usually import circles from other sources.
Which kind of weird routine had been used? Could be hacked and corrected someways?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-11-24
13:22:06
 Re: Drawing circles in MultiBotticelli

Yes, it probably could be hacked. A change like this is definitely possible, if someone were to sit down, disassembled it, understood it. (Which means it's not likely that anyone will do this.)

I think the circles are non-symmetrical because internally it uses 320x200 coordinates, and there's a rounding operation when the coords are converted to 160x200. A bit weird, since while you are specifying the size and position of the circle, it's completely simmetrical (calculates one quadrant and mirrors it 3 more times).

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-11-26
02:15:54
 Re: Drawing circles in MultiBotticelli

I remember a conversation about Micro Illustrator's circles not being round on screen. The reason given was that with the resolution provided in hardware (compared to) the resolution on the printer, slightly off-round circles on the screen would print correctly.

How do your printouts look?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024