Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2005-08-04
20:19:03
 Bölcsek Köve

Csabos "Invincible"-Thread inspired me to post here. I personally liked "Bölcsek Köve", but i always wondered what this game is about. Since i don't know anything about the hungarian language, it always looked somewhat bizarre to me: James Bond-Style, Mysterious Monsters...

Is there someone who can give a brief summary of the game's story?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2005-08-05
11:15:24
 Re: Bölcsek Köve

You can check its dedicated page here. Csabo has prepared a beautiful summary of it in English, even hints how to proceed in the game.

Note, the cracked version needs two bytes changed in order to work properly. It was my first crack AFAIK and I hadn't really played the game so far that I could test if it was possible at all to complete the cracked version happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-08-05
12:07:47

Actually the summary (game story from the original cassette cover) still needs to be translated - big job... So many 'fancy' words.

In short, you have to get the Stone of the Sages, and you will find help left behind in labs by an old wise scientist. (With those, you'll be able to morph into various other lifeforms.) All you really need to understand though are the game commands and the object names, I did translate those.

Posted By

Rachy
on 2005-08-06
02:46:07

Ahhh... I bought this game, it was fabulous. happy

The cracked version was wrong because of the tricky protection: it calculates a checksum and uses it as part of the code. I spent a few days until I got it cracked. wink
Too bad that my cracked version was lost, it had training mode also.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-08-06
07:53:50

So we all agree, it's a pretty cool game. What's the genre? How would you guys classify it? I know that on PC there are tons of games with similar styl, but I stick to my point that on the plussy this is (unfortunately) unique.

As for the bug/copy protection, I'd like to point out that the fix for it is included in the cheat section, marked as "fix bug". It's essential that you enter those two codes in YAPE if you're playing.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2005-08-06
11:12:34

Couldn't we make a patched version of the game and offer that for download? Anyway, the genre I guess could be called something like "graphical RPG adventure" or somesuch...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-08-07
09:36:30

Sure, we could make a new version, but that would be best made from the original TAP (ie. a "proper" crack). Didn't this game have a loading screen btw?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024