Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Drpepper99uk
on 2004-08-09
20:55:43
 Tape emulator

Hello I'm new to all the emulator scene for the Plus 4.Is there such an emulator that re creates the loading of these classic games with the different colour bars going across the screen horizontally??

Thanks,

Michael.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-09
22:58:00
 Re: Tape emulator

Absolutely, both YAPE and VICE (the two most common emulators) do just that. This does not depend on the emulator alone, you must be also using a .TAP file (versus a .PRG file).

Posted By

Gaia
on 2004-08-10
02:56:10

You can find of those aforementioned TAP files here.

Posted By

Rachy
on 2004-08-10
03:40:35

Flamingo will also support TAP files in the next version. (Hopefully... happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-10
11:40:21

@ Rachy.

Wow didn't even know Flamingo was still going. I'm sure Álmos Rajnai said he had very little time to continue his work, maybe its the Power PC version he'll be working on?

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-08-10
11:54:09

Sorry ppl for the OT post...

Rachy:
I can't remember why I missed to talk with you at 4ever party (alcohol? too many ppl? tired? mah...) but it was a real shame!
We loved Hot sixteen so much, hence I hope in a fresh release from you, apart the Flamingo improvenents.

Posted By

Rachy
on 2004-08-11
05:33:35

@Lando:
Yes, I have very little time for now. I am involved in the evolution of the new AmigaOS. But as soon as I have a little free time (probably around October) I will update Flamingo.
A completely new version, native PowerPC with fixes, but I plan new features too (such as TAP handling, built in monitor, PAL simulation).

@Luca:
Next time maybe... happy
I hope there will be a party for celebrating the 20th birthday of our beloved Plus/4!
I promise if there will be a party I will come up with a new demo. (But not for C16 this time: 16k does not fit my needs anymore...)

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-11
09:19:45

@ Rachy:
I should of guessed it was you as to why I was going on about Álmos and Flamingo.
Its been along while since I cought up with you, and an long while since I fired up my Amiga. I haven't been keeping track on Aminet like I used too aswell. Must have a scan on there. If any of the new features you add work under an 060/50 and are easy to import then please do so as I would love to load those tapes on the mig. happy

Posted By

Rachy
on 2004-08-11
14:38:21

@Lando:

Sorry, but I don't intend to continue the classic version of Flamingo. It is a pain for now, since I don't use AOS3.x any longer and debugging 68k code under AOS4.x is a bit tricky.
Go for AOS4! It really worth it! happy
Too bad thay you gave away your Miggy... :/

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-12
09:58:49

I never gave away my mig!!! ??

She's priceless. Power Tower, 060/50, Z4 board, IOblix card (not that I use it any more), squirrel scsi for CD. IDE 100 meg ZIP, 4 gig HD, Picasso 2 GFX card with Opus Magellan 2 running the show. A real classic amiga with all the power you could ever dream off. wink

Over 10 years of Amiga, the machine holds alot of my history and much more that I love. I could never sell it and would cry if it died. wink

Posted By

Rachy
on 2004-08-12
11:24:46

Lando: nice to hear... happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024