Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-08-01
14:18:42
 Fantastic site....

This is great. I'm a 31 year old who fondly remembers his Plus4. I was one of only Three prople in my school with one, everybody said they were crap (and thought they were C16's).

I knew better - I knew how good Winter events was and Ikari Warriors and how much better the basic was than the C64!

I hope I can download some games - Particularly those I got with it like those Maths games! and Treasure Island...

Armed with £1.99 I would buy a game a week - Life was better then...

No need to reply to this - Just happy to see others still remember...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-01
17:49:20
 Re: Fantastic site....

Why shouldn't we reply? This kind of conversation - reminiscing about the good old days - is my favourite kind. happy Most of us fond memories about the C16 and/or Plus4. Glad to know that you like the site and it gave you some nice nostalgic feelings.

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2004-08-02
06:13:00

I agree. In fact, it is nostalga that keeps the machine onmy desk at home. And using it every now and then reminds me of my youth, not that I'm that old (30) but you know what I mean.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-08-02
07:38:01

yup, the same for us, old fanatix, and yes, as we can see, for a whole bunch of old users. Keep it retro...

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-02
16:36:57

Austin,

I like the "I knew better" and how good Winter Events was, but are sure about Ikari Warriors?

Maybe you miss Legionnaire and GunLaw, both put Ikari Warriors to shame. wink

There was about 4 or 5 of use at school with Plus/4's all in the same year. On Xmas we took out beasts into school for the day just to show the teacher the Plus4 was better than the schools BBC's by showing off Ace +4. We never really got into copying, but a couple of games did the rounds between us such as Mercenary and Strip Poker wink

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-08-03
15:33:24

Thanks for your comments guys! Glad I'm not alone in terms of thinking this way...

Lando - I did have Gun Law and I remember it was SO hard that I couldn't get past screen two! Maybe I had a bugged version (I bought it, of course 'coz I couldn't copy games). I'll download it and try again now...

I've dowloaded a few old faves and am amazed to see the demos and 'new' games - are there any instructions available for Elite anyone?

What's the best new game?

Posted By

Mark
on 2004-08-20
11:17:32

....we were only discussing last week our first computers, i told everyone here at work that i had a commodore 16, and they said i meant a 64 as no-one had heard of it. Anyway, i was beginning to think that i had just imagined owning one until a came across this fantastic site. Being 28 and still playing computer games, an x-box now, (the mrs promises to burn it next time i leave it unguarded!) just looking at this brings back so many happy memories for me, sitting around at christmas playing gunlaw and treasure island with my brother.....the best days of my life. Cheers people for taking the time to make this website, have really appreciated lookin through it.

Does anyone remember the game with no graphics, but you had to guide your man off a spaceship by typing in commands, ie Look at control panel, Press red button etc??

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-20
13:33:33

Hi Mark,

Glad to know you like our site. The game you mention must be an adventure, most of those are text only, with no graphics whatsoever. (Which is not a problem, your imagination can make up the scenery... I love this genre!)

For some reason I think it's Lone Survivor, that has a control panel at the beginning and you can press certain buttons. Follow the link and see if that's the one. If you could remember additional details, I'm sure we could figure out exactly which game you mean.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-08-20
14:25:54

It's Strange Odyssey happy

There's two versions, the Commodore cartridge version, or the cassette version from the Scott Adams Scoops compilation. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-20
16:08:58

Ah, you are definitely right Ulysses. It was at the back of my mind... That's the one.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-20
16:48:47

happy My first guess would of been Strange Odyssey not that I've honestly sat down and play either. I would say in general text adventure games were rare and Lone Survivor is a real rare. wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-08-20
16:57:41

Mark, I have or rather had the same problem with my woman. I bought her a TV for the bedroom and over a good number of years I slowly pushed her out of the living room. She was pleased with the DVD player a while back which was another good reason to keep here out! wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024